• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

June meeting?

I can't listen to Benning anymore. Talks over his guests, always tries to use the biggest words he can come up with, and his banter with Severe is awful. If he does have a nugget to share it is like TFrazier says, it's cryptic, vague and he doesn't talk to the audience, only his circle of friends. He talks to his friends & guests in some type of secret schoolground kids language.

:rolleyes:

I can't listen to Benning anymore. Talks over his guests, always tries to use the biggest words he can come up with, and his banter with Severe is awful. If he does have a nugget to share it is like TFrazier says, it's cryptic, vague and he doesn't talk to the audience, only his circle of friends. He talks to his friends & guests in some type of secret schoolground kids language.
He and Severe have horrible chemistry. Sharp/Benning was much better. Sharp help rein him in at times. And Sharp by himself is pretty mediocre.

I listen to Severe and Benning off and on and today they mentioned some sort of meeting in June and how it was handled. Seemed to be with Frost and the team and/or a player... They were very vague and short about it. Does anyone know what this was about? I skimmed the thread titles here and didn't see anything about it.

Whatever happened or was said in the meeting, the results were shown on the field. Does it really matter what happened in a room 8 months ago now? It's history. Let's look forward.

Exactly.

Season is over.

WanDale is gone.

Whaaaaaa?
Season is not over. 2021 schedules will be a carbon copy with 2020. Season opening game, Huskers vs Bucks. And of course, spring game, cancel.

2022 cancelled. No games. Husker indoor practice field becomes a morgue.

2023. Human extinct.

COVID-19 killer.

:Sarcastic:or not .....

Season is not over. 2021 schedules will be a carbon copy with 2020. Season opening game, Huskers vs Bucks. And of course, spring game, cancel.

2022 cancelled. No games. Husker indoor practice field becomes a morgue.

2023. Human extinct.

COVID-19 killer.

:Sarcastic:or not .....
kind of a planet of the apes aspect?

I listen to Severe and Benning off and on and today they mentioned some sort of meeting in June and how it was handled. Seemed to be with Frost and the team and/or a player... They were very vague and short about it. Does anyone know what this was about? I skimmed the thread titles here and didn't see anything about it.
i miss severe from when he was on 590 am during the day with some junior high interns. (absolutely terrible) truly was like listening to someone from a national radio show that was smooth, responsive, strong voice, proper audible level, always had his talking points in order and liked the 76ers... mixed with soft spoken, junior high level, slow responding, my dad made me be here, library talk...(think LeBron james and the cleveland cavaliers) stark contrast. his partners on the show had to be the station owners son because they had no business on the radio. i don't recall the name or exactly when the change was made but going to national show (cowherd i believe) seemed to be the end.
micheal severe was very good, i haven't heard another local since that had any business doing radio..perhaps greg sharp on sports nightly but that show needs a lot of work. the buy sell segment is awful, the co host are bad and the show doesn't have enough material for the time slot. put on the coaches(baseball, volleyball, BB..) the AD and some more guest, perhaps former players/coaches

where does one listen to benning and severe? is that from a podcast or another radio station I'm not on? i usually would catch it from work, on the drive home or lunch hour...

where does one listen to benning and severe? is that from a podcast or another radio station I'm not on? i usually would catch it from work, on the drive home or lunch hour...

I listen to it on podcast. I like how the segments have titles so I can pick and choose which to listen to.

I disagree. I like his insights and overall rational, level headed thinking.

kind of a planet of the apes aspect?
Planet-of-the-Apes-1968.jpg

When I listened to db and sharp (haven't in a few years) db was awesome, he had very insightful thoughts about the football team. Sharp knew his basketball and was a walking talking history book and had great stories. Sharp was arrogant and pompous and I couldn’t stand that. Was glad to see him go but then they brought in Severe. Severe is TERRIBLE in my opinion. (One of the reasons I stopped listening).

When I listened to db and sharp (haven't in a few years) db was awesome, he had very insightful thoughts about the football team. Sharp knew his basketball and was a walking talking history book and had great stories. Sharp was arrogant and pompous and I couldn’t stand that. Was glad to see him go but then they brought in Severe. Severe is TERRIBLE in my opinion. (One of the reasons I stopped listening).
I really liked Sharp with DB. He knew his role, could get Benning down a path listeners wanted to hear. I think he does a decent job on his own, which is really tough to do. I'm actually shocked though they got rid of Bahe for Sharp, even though I hate Crayton it could break some stuff up a bit.

Severe and DB just don't mesh well IMO. They both try to let you know how much they know, and that doesn't work. Neither will take a backseat to the other. Severe because he won't allow himself to, and Benning because his knowledge shouldn't take a backseat.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back