• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked JUCO QB Terry Wilson to visit week of 11 December

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think these are valid points/concerns. I wonder a bit if this tips us off to Frost's intent to only take 1 DT QB in this cycle. As others have stated, Martinez > Wilson. So, you go after the big dog first, and Wilson is a plan B. It is risky, true, because if Martinez doesn't pull the trigger then you may have ruined chances with both. But, if Frost was interested in taking both QBs, then why not just have them come at the same time and make it clear that NU would like to take both? True, you might not be able to spend all your time 1-on-1 because they are both there, but at least you are being up-front with them. (Then again, I don't claim to know exactly how each coach maneuvers their talking points to sell a recruit while not lying to them. Obviously it can be done, but there is a fine line between saying you will be our guy and stressing early playing time while also saying that nothing is guaranteed and you have to earn it and beat the other guys out.)
It appears that the staff wants a HS QB in this class. The fact that Frost already has a relationship with Wilson probably allows him to do things this way. Between the two, Wilson is only a car drive away while Martinez has to hop on a plane, so having Wilson change days makes sense.

Last edited:

Do you know who our main competition is with Martinez?

Hard to say. He's a Tennessee commit, but they just hired a new coach. Some say Ohio State would be a player if their top QB commit (Emory Jones) flips to stay closer to home, which is a rumor. He's from Georgia and some feel he may flip to Alabama.

One thing playing in your favor is that Martinez apparently still wants to sign early. I think Nebraska has a great shot to get a flip here. It'd be a HUGE pickup.

Hard to say. He's a Tennessee commit, but they just hired a new coach. Some say Ohio State would be a player if their top QB commit (Emory Jones) flips to stay closer to home, which is a rumor. He's from Georgia and some feel he may flip to Alabama.

One thing playing in your favor is that Martinez apparently still wants to sign early. I think Nebraska has a great shot to get a flip here. It'd be a HUGE pickup.

Pruitt concerns me a bit because he's a really good recruiter, but I haven't seen anything yet about what type of offense he wants to run at UT or he might hire. That delay works in Nebraska's favor.

Pruitt concerns me a bit because he's a really good recruiter, but I haven't seen anything yet about what type of offense he wants to run at UT or he might hire. That delay works in Nebraska's favor.
And the fact this new staff has hit the recruiting trail before the ink was dry on the contracts has given them an even bigger advantage with kids like Martinez who want to sign in 13 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back