• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked JUCO OL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerWheatie

Recruit
5 Year Member
Just curious if those of you more in the know are aware of any effort to look at JUCO offensive linemen now that Klachko and Moore are gone. They'd have to be a good fit, but it seems like this would be a year to take one or two "three to play three" or "three to play two" guys. They could likely redshirt next fall and play in 2014. It would also "pay forward" a couple of scholarships to help even out the schollie numbers over classes.

Last edited:

Excellent question! Hopefully RR or HiO or some of the others know of some targets, if there are any.

I would think very doubtful. Our numbers aren't that bad and JUCO OL are very difficult to develop. Not saying it won't happen, but I would be surprised. It would take an absolute stud to make the coaches reconsider. Also, the staff is reportedly very high on some walk-ons which probably isn't what some fans want to hear, but I will take all the Spencer Long's that are out there any time.

Luckily, Moore and Klachko are gone so fast that it is just as easy to take an extra HS player or two in this year's class. Had another year gone by, then it might have been a different story.

I would think very doubtful. Our numbers aren't that bad and JUCO OL are very difficult to develop. Not saying it won't happen, but I would be surprised. It would take an absolute stud to make the coaches reconsider. Also, the staff is reportedly very high on some walk-ons which probably isn't what some fans want to hear, but I will take all the Spencer Long's that are out there any time.

Luckily, Moore and Klachko are gone so fast that it is just as easy to take an extra HS player or two in this year's class
. Had another year gone by, then it might have been a different story.

This!

Agree...

Agree again....

Luckily, Moore and Klachko are gone so fast that it is just as easy to take an extra HS player or two in this year's class. Had another year gone by, then it might have been a different story.

Also, the staff is reportedly very high on some walk-ons which probably isn't what some fans want to hear, but I will take all the Spencer Long's that are out there any time.

I want to hear it, and I agree with regard to Long (and Choi). Who are the walk-ons that are showing promise?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! I'm fine with walk ons if the coaches are high on them. The stars don't mean much once the guys step on to the field.

I don't care we get them. Some of the best lineman we've had a Nebraska have been walk-ons. Get them anyway you can. :huskerflag:

I don't care we get them. Some of the best lineman we've had a Nebraska have been walk-ons. Get them anyway you can. :huskerflag:

It's a good thing I pause sometimes before responding.:)

When I first read your response, I misread it as "I don't care we get them. Some of the best lineman we've had a Nebraska have been JUCOs. Get them anyway you can."

I didn't know what to say to that. Outside of Carl Nicks and Ricky Henry, all I could think of was Victory Haines, Brook Pasteur, Jordan Picou, and Cornelius Thomas. I was thinking, "Man, what am I missing?"

I would have hated to have started a fight.:lol:

Last edited:
I want to hear it, and I agree with regard to Long (and Choi). Who are the walk-ons that are showing promise?

Spencer Long and Seung Hoon Choi.:Biggrin:

Remember you heard it here first!

Seriously, I will have a breakdown on my thoughts on the OL in my Recruiting thread later this week. I'm assuming by walk-ons in this post, you were specifically speaking of the OL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back