• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked JUCO D-Linemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy, I just had that conversation today with a co-worker. Seans such a tweener. Too slow to play safety (other issues why he couldnt play too). Too skinny really to play on the line, and I personally think hes too tall to be an effective LB. Doesnt really fit in anywhere. I have heard hes had a hard time putting weight on though, he has legitimately tried and just has not had a lot of success.

True. Brew City makes a good point above about TE.

Last edited:

Does anyone know if was played the 2 Gap in 09? I didn't remember hearing it until after the departure of M.Sanders as if they had to make an adjustment.

Read an article from the front page about a month ago highlighting the top jucco dt's and we were not guaranteed any of them.

Juccos are a great way to fix temp holes in the pipline due to busts injuries or failed recruiting im a particular year. Dont think its the recruiting answer across the board but its not lazy. ask the silver rat from ksu

at 6'6"?

I would have liked to see a tradeoff, put Fisher at TE and put Reed at LB. I think Reed has the mold of a beast LB.

He's 6'6", but not everyone who is 6'6" can put on a bunch of extra weight. He's not terribly wide in the shoulders and has pretty skinny legs. I'm not sure he isn't carrying all the weight his frame can hold right now. Lots of tight ends are 6'6". He's relatively agile (less so than before the injury) and had enough speed and ball carrying skill to be a RB in high school. If he can catch the ball at all he should have been a TE.

I see now that you were questioning the H-back part of my prior post. I'd put him there not for blocking, but to put him in motion to create coverage mismatches with shorter LBs and DBs.

Last edited:
DLinemen, especially DTackles do not have a lot of adjustments to make in Pelini's system. They don't have as burdensome of the mental aspects as LBs and DBs in this defense.

Therefore you can get Juco players at teh DT position in plug them more easily into the defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back