• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JUCO 4 * & #1 rated WR Omar Manning NU is at the top of his list: decision maybe delayed until Feb.

giphy.gif

What a difference a guy like Manning could make next season. As the first two games have shown, we lack options at Wide Receiver beyond Spielman and Robinson... and Robinson is more of an all-purpose back than a true Wide Receiver.

Do you think that's more of a reflection of his ability, or the consequences of having 3 DUI convictions?

In my opinion, it's more due to the three DUIs. He's shown to be good at developing talent. There's a reason NFL WRs came to train with him every off-season. Maybe it was just a Nebraska thing, but he appeared to struggle at roster management and recruiting. Sure, he could create hype and get the attention of star recruits, but he had trouble closing, bringing in sufficient numbers, and having additional options.

Last edited:
Do you think that's more of a reflection of his ability, or the consequences of having 3 DUI convictions?
He only got his 3rd DUI when he got to Nebraska. He started coaching in 2000, and besides Nebraska, has never been a power 5 football coach except in Lincoln. And he's never been anywhere longer than 4 years. He is really good at making relationships with people, but not so great at all the other aspects that go along with being a good assistant coach in college. His wheelhouse is doing the "guru wideout" stuff, not having to help build a roster. Don't forget that when Frost and staff got here, WR was one of the 2 most talent and depth depleted positions on the team.

That said, someone will pick him up to be a P5 coach this offseason i'm sure of it. He does a great marketing job for himself.

Not to highjack the list;, but *** are you going to give reflections or analysis of last week's game on the football list?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back