• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Josh Williams story on HuskerMax main page??

Status
Not open for further replies.

O'Husker

Recruit
5 Year Member
KU coach Weis interviewed on taking on Ex-Husker Josh Williams for his final year of eligibility. Article says that Josh was dismissed by Nebraska because of his Assault charges from 2009?? I remember that incident, I think it was after he signed his LOI, but before he got on campus, right? He will be a 5th year senior at KU and doesnt have to sit out because he got his degree, etc.

He played in every Husker game last year, starting in two, gets his degree and gets dismissed for charges from 2009??? I thought he had violated a serious team rule after last season ended, in late 2011 or early 2012. Why doesnt the article say the standard "He was dismissed for violating a team rule last year" ?

Thats not what the article actually says:

He also encountered his share of trouble, but Weis said he was not concerned with Williams’ past, which includes being dismissed by Nebraska in February and alleged theft and assault charges in his hometown of Denton, Texas, in 2008.

“It isn’t important what you guys know, it’s what I know,” Weis said. “I did the whole background check, and I said to him, ‘You come here, here’s the deal. And that’s the way it’s gonna operate. So if you want in on that, we have a good shot down here.’”

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2012/jul/03/beginning-end-ex-husker-conclude-career-ku/?football

Last edited:
Oh I know that. I thought to the casual fan, the article sounds like the 2008 charges were the main reason for his dismmissal. So I am asking, what was the reason(s) for Josh being dismissed last year?

I disagree...thats not what it sounds like....its pretty clear....as I pointed out....

Why he was dismissed I have no clue and Charlie Weis is not going to share it with us....which I think is a good decision...

And with all due respect thats between Bo, Williams and now Charlie...

Oh I know that. I thought to the casual fan, the article sounds like the 2008 charges were the main reason for his dismmissal. So I am asking, what was the reason(s) for Josh being dismissed last year?

Fair enough. I just wondered why the article didn't say "...and for violating a team rule last year." I can't remember, but what was Bo's official statement about Josh? Did he just say "Josh is no longer with the team"? Water under the bridge I guess.... Thanks for your feedback RR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back