• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Josh Caron is N

Interesting commit following Griffin as both are catchers. I get 1 is JUCO and 1 is high school but still interesting....

2021 season
Hellstrom, senior
Griffin, junior
Dolney, sophomore
Wessell, freshmen
Caron, freshmen

Am I missing somone?

5 catchers on the roster for any given season is a lot. Unless they're gonna redshirt the frosh in 2021 which would make sense, mostly by creating some space between the players. Or, a message is being sent to someone.

Dolney has an absolute rocket. Very impressed with the tosses I've seen. He gets after it in the box too, but gotta admit it's limited swings I've seen.

Interesting commit following Griffin as both are catchers. I get 1 is JUCO and 1 is high school but still interesting....

2021 season
Hellstrom, senior
Griffin, junior
Dolney, sophomore
Wessell, freshmen
Caron, freshmen

Am I missing somone?

5 catchers on the roster for any given season is a lot. Unless they're gonna redshirt the frosh in 2021 which would make sense, mostly by creating some space between the players. Or, a message is being sent to someone.

Dolney has an absolute rocket. Very impressed with the tosses I've seen. He gets after it in the box too, but gotta admit it's limited swings I've seen.

I was super high on Hellstrom when we signed him. But he's been showing some birthing hips as of last season. I don't understand how our guys get fat.

2021 season
Hellstrom, senior
Griffin, junior
Dolney, sophomore
Wessell, freshmen
Caron, freshmen

Am I missing somone?

Thanks for keeping up with this, i've been busy....

Roskam was behind the plate a bit last year, but he's been more and more underwhelming lately. Maybe have him at 1B now with Gomes to starter (sorry was thinking 2020). I liked Dolney as a recruit, so we will see how that goes. How many catchers did A&M keep? Didn't Logan Foster do some catching early on at Southwest or A&M? THey had him listed there but maybe moved him?

You would know better than I, but sometimes the best players are catchers and can play other spots? They doing any of that here? How many catchers did A&M keep? Seems like a lot of money tied up at one position when you don't give full-rides.

Thanks for keeping up with this, i've been busy....

Roskam was behind the plate a bit last year, but he's been more and more underwhelming lately. Maybe have him at 1B now with Gomes to starter (sorry was thinking 2020). I liked Dolney as a recruit, so we will see how that goes. How many catchers did A&M keep? Didn't Logan Foster do some catching early on at Southwest or A&M? THey had him listed there but maybe moved him?

You would know better than I, but sometimes the best players are catchers and can play other spots? They doing any of that here? How many catchers did A&M keep? Seems like a lot of money tied up at one position when you don't give full-rides.

Good questions, definitely something to keep an eye on. Dolney looks athletic enough to me, in limited action I've watched, more to come hopefully in the red/white series plus Kansas game.

Ya, Foster caught before college but unsure if he did any for aTm.

aTm specific position spots are tough to compare to us for the simple reason an SEC team can overhaul their roster in one off-season whereas we "can't" due to B1G rules. Unless of course the new staff goes heavy with 1-year scholarship offers like I suggested in your recruiting thread pinned above. IMO, it's the only way to go to correct previous roster mistakes...

Generally catchers at the college level tend to be your better athletes. They translate to corner infield and can usually man the corners in the outfield as well. With the DH rule that also can help contribute to the position.

Generally catchers at the college level tend to be your better athletes. They translate to corner infield and can usually man the corners in the outfield as well. With the DH rule that also can help contribute to the position.

Disagree

Looking at CF/SS for athletes; in addition, not a ton of catchers with bats, which you have to get from your corners

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back