• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jordan Westerkamp

Id like to see him make it. He seems to be a stiff runner without any great moves, but reliable near the ball. Is that enough? Don't know. NHL has a lot of players trying out for few WR positions. Competition is stiff.

Since when did the National Hockey league start drafting WR? I sure hope Westy can skate. :p

Brandon Reilly is now a lock to make it at Buffalo. His hockey background is going to pay off! Go Brandon Reilly!!

http://www.theindependent.com/sport...cle_709c527a-69b6-11e6-998b-73067adaa3f7.html

Perhaps, Reilly can give Westy a few pointers. ;)

Last edited:
Brandon Reilly is now a lock to make it at Buffalo. His hockey background is going to pay off! Go Brandon Reilly!!

http://www.theindependent.com/sport...cle_709c527a-69b6-11e6-998b-73067adaa3f7.html

Perhaps, Reilly can give Westy a few pointers. ;)
I'm not much of a skater at all, but my 4 year old daughter is big into it. Watching her, her teachers and the Olympics has of course made me an expert :). But from my observations, I would imagine that skating would be really good at building up strong leg muscles as well as take a good bit of balance, explosive push offs and change of direction. It's amazing how sometimes sports can crossover and players become better because of it. I do a lot of snow skiing, and while it doesn't involve explosive movements, that is something that definitely builds up leg muscles.

Last edited:
I'm not much of a skater at all, but my 4 year old daughter is big into it. Watching her, her teachers and the Olympics has of course made me an expert :). But from my observations, I would imagine that skating would be really good at building up strong leg muscles as well as take a good bit of balance, explosive push offs and change of direction. It's amazing how sometimes sports can crossover and players become better because of it. I do a lot of snow skiing, and while it doesn't involve explosive movements, that is something that definitely builds up leg muscles.
The lactic acid that is built up on those short bursts and then rest can also be beneficial.

If they are at all surprised, they spent too much time studying measurables and not enough time watching film.
Unfortunately, there is more truth in that statement that should be. I have the fortunate circumstance of working with the family member of a "talent scout" for one of the professional teams in the general area and he said that they specifically look at the measurables when deciding who should get try-outs of any kind. I thought that was kind of interesting. Based off a few of our conversations I cannot say that I disagree with that methodology. There is a lot of sense in it.

I just noticed that the DB is getting lectured by the coach after allowing the catch. :nod:
Dude didn't turn back to locate the ball, he was watching Westy's eyes.... but they're made of steel and give no clues.....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back