• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jordan Larson

horrible-crying.gif

Last edited:
Looking at this from *her* perspective, she is beginning her coaching career at a perennial Top 10 program in another conference, one with big-time resources. That's a great situation for her. IMHO, learning from different coaches/programs is highly beneficial in the long run. She's already familiar with how John Cook (Nebraska) & Karch Kiraly (USWNT) operate. Now she'll have an opportunity to learn from Jerritt Elliott. I wouldn't be surprised if she had discussed getting into coaching (in general, not specifically at DONU) with John Cook. If she has a long (and hopefully successful) coaching career, she'll probably be at another program or two down the road.

Congratulations to Jordan Larson on her new job.

Last edited:

At some point John is going to be hiring his successor, at least that's the way it worked when Pettit hired him. I thought it would be Busboom, but she's got it rolling in Louisville.

Last edited:

Just had a visit with her dad, what a great guy. Part of the reason she is with UT is because she is playing in the volleyball league again in texas so she is right there. This is a trial thing, it may or may not be what she ends up doing so we don't need to panic quite yet. He did say people are asking him why texas, he kind of laughed.

At some point John is going to be hiring his successor, at least that's the way it worked when Pettit hired him. I thought it would be Busboom, but she's got it rolling in Louisville.
I think DBK is in the top 3 at this point, and if Cook were to retire right now, she'd be the one. I think it is likely she is the one when he retires. When that is, well it could be quite some time, but who knows. IF Jordan remains in coaching, she likely spends some time here, too. And I agree with dwc13, I think she talked with Cook before this went down.

I think DBK is in the top 3 at this point, and if Cook were to retire right now, she'd be the one. I think it is likely she is the one when he retires. When that is, well it could be quite some time, but who knows. IF Jordan remains in coaching, she likely spends some time here, too. And I agree with dwc13, I think she talked with Cook before this went down.

No doubt about that. The only question is whether she talked to Cook before or after he hired Hunter.

Also, remember that DBK has it in her Louisville contract that she can leave without a buyout IF she leaves for NU only.

Last edited:

DBK has certainly been very impressive as head coach at Louisville. At the present time, she would be on a very short list of candidates to succeed John Cook at Nebraska. However, if she continues to build the program at Louisville and wins a national championship, it might be more difficult for her to leave. Who knows how the future will play out, but clearly becoming head coach at Nebraska someday is something she has thought about (per the terms of her employment contract).

Switching gears...

Complete speculation on my part, but keep in mind USWNT head coach Karch Kiraly is 61. So he's probably got another Olympic games or two before he retires. That gives Jordan Larson time to determine if full-time coaching is something she wants to commit to long-term and if so, opportunity to build her coaching resume. She definitely has the international playing experience & championship pedigree. All that's missing right now is big-time coaching experience.

you think if there is some back channel communications that she take over after john retires that she says no?

DBK is at the top of a very short list when the time comes. I don’t care if she wins 3 straight natties at Louisville, she’ll come home. Pay alone would dictate it.

That being said, we’re winning the next three natties so nothing to even worry about.

DBK is at the top of a very short list when the time comes. I don’t care if she wins 3 straight natties at Louisville, she’ll come home. Pay alone would dictate it.

That being said, we’re winning the next three natties so nothing to even worry about.
It's in her contract with Louisville; no buyout if she opts for NU only.

In addition, I'd be willing to bet that there was some communication between Cook and Jordan Larson before she accepted the assistant position @ Texa$.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back