• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jordan Larson to Midland

Experienced winners with Cook abound. Last year NCAA tournament head coaches who were assistants were Busboom Kelly. Skinner, Banworth, and Tamas. And Hildebrand at Long Beach State was a great assistant here. And Kelly Hunter is here now. Lots of talent available to be Husker HC, but I see (and hope) Cook is here for at least five more years.

she was at Texas, she could have stayed and worked her way in there, but left to come back home... That tells me she wants to be a part of NU. I could very well be wrong, though, we shall see how it plays out.

The timing of her departure from UT just seems odd, especially since the season had already started and it's not even a lateral move. I thought she was in a great spot to gain some experience/exposure at another top program while gauging her interest in full-time (salaried) coaching. Perhaps there are extenuating circumstances. Even if a spot will be opening up at Nebraska at some point in the near future, I would think anyone interested who is currently coaching elsewhere could wait until the end of this season (or after the opening is announced).

The timing of her departure from UT just seems odd, especially since the season had already started and it's not even a lateral move. I thought she was in a great spot to gain some experience/exposure at another top program while gauging her interest in full-time (salaried) coaching. Perhaps there are extenuating circumstances. Even if a spot will be opening up at Nebraska at some point in the near future, I would think anyone interested who is currently coaching elsewhere could wait until the end of this season (or after the opening is announced).
I thought the timing was odd if it had anything to do with coaching. As you said nothing will be available until after the season so why not stay in Texas and learn what you can, then make the move. I'd guess something else determined the timing of the move, and the deal at Midland came up after the move was made. You don't leave a full time gig at Texas for one day a week at Midland.

It does seem odd. She may have gotten there and realized she was a poor fit, there may have been something personal going on either there or back home that necessitated the move. She was also a volunteer assistant at UT, so it wasn't really a high profile gig. As such it's possible that monetary opportunities on the club/personal coach scene made it worth her while to come back for a bit.

Last edited:
It does seem odd. She may have gotten there and realized she was a poor fit, there may have been something personal going on either there or back home that necessitated the move. She was also a volunteer assistant at UT, so it wasn't really a high profile gig. As such it's possible that monetary opportunities on the club/personal coach scene made it worth her while to come back for a bit.
I thought maybe the personal coach deal she had going in Elkhorn may have had more to do with it just wasn't sure if that was something new. I assumed it was new since it would be hard to be a personal coach here while volunteering in Texas.

Last year she married David Hunt, who it appears remains the new Associate Head Coach of the Texas Womens team, which is why the volunteer position at Texas seemed to make sense. Midland is fortunate for its top ranked team to get her help once a week.

Larson Leaves Texas

She was a paid assistant, then in May gave up that well paying job to be a volunteer assistant instead. Then leaves suddenly. I think she struggled that she was at Texas and may have had issues with Elliott as well. I don't know. I hope all is alright with her and darned glad she left the Evil Empire.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back