• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jordan Burroughs thank you to Nebraska

Bean

Grey Shirt
10 Year Member

Easily the best wrester NU has produced. Well Done coach Manning.
Burroughs captured his fifth wrestling world title. When added to his 2012 Olympic gold medal, the 33-year-old from Sicklerville, New Jersey, joined John Smith, who won two Olympic and four world titles, in the records book as the most successful wrestlers in U.S. history.

"Dear Nebraska,

As we head into the heart of another wrestling season, I just wanted to take a moment and say thank you.

You know, you aren't even a part of my story, Nebraska.

No, man, you ARE my story."

"Jordan Burroughs — yeah, this guy is a warrior," Coach Manning said. "He's got the right stuff to be the leader of this team, and I think he's going to be a national champion."

"I never lost another college match after that."

"Every time I worked harder, I got better.

Every time I stayed focused and did something difficult, I improved and became more confident.

The more I could do that, the more I wanted to do it."

1637792016138.png

1637792053051.png

Last edited:

"Dear Nebraska,

As we head into the heart of another wrestling season, I just wanted to take a moment and say thank you.

"Jordan Burroughs — yeah, this guy is a warrior," Coach Manning said. "He's got the right stuff to be the leader of this team, and I think he's going to be a national champion."

Every time I stayed focused and did something difficult, I improved and became more confident.

View attachment 73547

View attachment 73548
Happy Thanksgiving Jordan!

Burroughs captured his fifth wrestling world title. When added to his 2012 Olympic gold medal, the 33-year-old from Sicklerville, New Jersey, joined John Smith, who won two Olympic and four world titles, in the records book as the most successful wrestlers in U.S. history.

"Dear Nebraska,

View attachment 73547

View attachment 73548
Well said

Great career at Nebraska
good luck,young man
thank you for all you've done for DONU!! :Cheers: :Broom::Broom::Broom::Broom::Broom::Thecreedsign:

IMO, the greatest athlete we've ever produced, and a class act to boot

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back