• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Joker

WOW!!!! I wont add to that total, but just WOW! I honestly didn't think that there would be that much interest in the Joker. OH MY! Crazy. When it comes out on disk or streaming, I'll probably watch it but it sounds so damn depressing.
It surprised me too. I'd like to see it, but not enough to go see it in the theater. I think it may be one of the those movies that, while entertaining, it's so dark and depressing I'll probably only want to watch it once.

Last edited:

It surprised me too. I'd like to see it, but not enough to go see it in the theater. I think it may be one of the those movies that, while entertaining, it's so dark and depressing I'll probably only want to watch it once.
Same here. I went to see Zombieland: Double Tap and I laughed almost all the way through it. It was entertaining.

WOW!!!! I wont add to that total, but just WOW! I honestly didn't think that there would be that much interest in the Joker. OH MY! Crazy. When it comes out on disk or streaming, I'll probably watch it but it sounds so damn depressing.

It's good. Really good.

I know many still think Ledger's portrayal of The Joker is the pinnacle, but I have a hard time thinking this wasn't by far the best....and I'm not a comic book movie guy. Phoenix was unreal.

Saving Private Ryan was like that for me.

I went to the theatre not really having seen many of the previews or knowing what to expect, but the opening 30 minutes was brutal. It's still one of the best movies I've seen and it took me a decade to even think about watching it again.

Joker isn't like that, but it's not a beer and skittles movie.

I went to the theatre not really having seen many of the previews or knowing what to expect, but the opening 30 minutes was brutal. It's still one of the best movies I've seen and it took me a decade to even think about watching it again.

The Green Mile is like that for me. I love the movie, great acting, great story, plenty of comedy and drama and sci-fi, very entertaining, but the ending is so sad I don't want to watch it anymore. Actually there's several sad moments.

Last edited:
The Green Mile is like that for me. I love the movie, great acting, great story, plenty of comedy and drama, very entertaining, but the ending is so sad I don't want to watch it anymore.

Yeah, I can watch parts of it. Loved Michael Clark Duncan's portrayal of John Coffey.

The Green Mile is like that for me.
I went years before I watched the Shawshank Redemption, mainly because the title aggravated me. About 10 years after it was released, I was home sick one night, the wifey was at work and it was on HBO. I decided to watch it, and was amazed how much I liked it and then thought, "Well, wished I'd of seen that in the theater". Funny stuff.

Last edited:
I went years before I watched the Shawshank Redemption, mainly because the title aggravated me. About 10 years after it was released, I was home sick one night, the wifey was at work and it was on HBO. I decided to watch it, and was amazed how much I liked it and then thought, "Well, wished I'd of seen that in the theater". Funny stuff.

The title aggravated you? I guess I don't understand.

The title aggravated you? I guess I don't understand.
Basically, I "judged the book by its cover". At the time, the title Shawshank Redemption just didn't agree with me and I had little desire to see it because of the title. Glad I finally broke down and watched it though. Awesome movie.

That was kinda where I am at. I liked it, but have no desire to watch it again.

Saving Private Ryan, I could watch the opening sequence of that movie over and over again. I think the movie actually drags quite a bit in the middle. The beginning and end are really good though.

I never saw Shawshank in the movie theaters like most people. I have seen it so many times I don't really watch it anymore. I get tired of movies I have seen to many time.

Okay, so this has been a long time coming, but I finally watched the Joker. And just WOW! Easily one of the TOP 5 worst movies I've ever had the displeasure to watch. Also easily one of the most overrated POS movies of all time right up there with Natural Born Killers. Sorry for those of you that liked this movie but it sucked. Seriously, who'd ever watch that crap more than once?

Okay, so this has been a long time coming, but I finally watched the Joker. And just WOW! Easily one of the TOP 5 worst movies I've ever had the displeasure to watch. Also easily one of the most overrated POS movies of all time right up there with Natural Born Killers. Sorry for those of you that liked this movie but it sucked. Seriously, who'd ever watch that crap more than once?

Ok.

To each his or her own.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back