• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Johnson explains why he pulled son from Nebraska

AlabamaHuskerLady

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
http://es.pn/2slAooc

Keyshawn Johnson Sr. said he didn’t want his son to embarrass Nebraska or the Johnson family. He further explained his decision this week on ESPN.

“Everybody said, ‘Oh weed’s not that big of a deal. It’s just like wine and beer and cigarettes and cigars,’ ” said the elder Johnson, who spent 11 seasons in the NFL and made three Pro Bowls. “Yes that’s true. But the problem is they say don’t do it. Don’t do it. We don’t want you doing it in the NFL. We don’t want you doing it in college sports. Don’t do it.”

Johnson Sr. said he was worried a second or third offense could happen if action was not taken. Johnson Jr. had been on campus since January as an early enrollee and appeared in Nebraska’s spring game.

“They want to be your friend so they can say, ‘Oh, I’m friends with Keyshawn Johnson Jr.’ And understand the position that you put yourself in,” Johnson Sr. said. “If you want to be successful in life, then that’s not the road to take today. If you want to smoke weed when you’re 30 years old and are made, do it all you want. In fact, I’ll buy you a forest if that’s the case. But you have to graduate from college, you have to set yourself up for the rest of your life.”

Johnson Jr. is still hoping to rejoin the Huskers in 2018 and is currently back home in Calabasas, Calif. where he is training, according to Johnson Sr.

“If he doesn’t want to play football, don’t play,” Johnson said. “Because I’m not living vicariously through you. I already played. I don’t need your money. So if you want to play sports, if that’s what you really, truly, honestly want to do, then you need to show me, show Nebraska, show Mike Riley and Keith Williams, the receivers coach, that these are the things that you want to do so you can graduate from school.”

He added: “I put the pie together. It’s already there. All you got to do is put it in the oven and turn on the timer. It’s easy.”
https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/keyshawn-johnson-son-nebraska-football-comments

Last edited:
Keyshawn Johnson Sr explains to ESPN why he pulled his son out of school. Having a little trouble embedding the link.

ESPN Interview

Last edited:

Sr. has a very clear outlook on life. I especially love how he does not blame others. he puts the full weight on his sons back.

Thanks for posting. I was concerned he would not be back, but hopefully he can pull things together and be better for it. I haven't followed KJS much, but seems to be wise from the interviews I've watched recently. GBR!

Keyshawn Johnson, Sr., drops the mic!

giphy.gif

And all we can do is:

FeistyNauticalBittern.gif

Keyshawn got me all fired up. I don't disagree with anything he said. Hope to see KJJr back at Nebraska, but I think he's been launched about as successfully as one could hope for.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back