• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked John Talman talks recruiting about Afalava, Moss & Westerkamp (Audio with my notes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
This is from yesterday....

--No surprise on Afalava and Moss commits....

--Afalava got 'stiffed by CBS-Sports' and was not able to announce at the game as he planned....

--Sounds like Afalva went back and forth between Nebraska and Washington....however, told his Mom when he left for the All-Star practices/game he was going to Nebraska....which she wanted.....the USC guys love him.....Talman thinks he is very under-valued as a MLB....thinks he is so good in space...can get bigger....bodes well for the Huskers....future MIKE.....

--Moss informed Nebraska (Coach P.) before he left for the practices/game that he would be choosing the Huskers....

--Moss had not played football until 18 months ago when Todd Peat talked him into it....was a basketball player....thus raw...and able to build him up and on the right path....going to put on weight....potential is through the roof....so much room to grow....long arms...great wing span....

--His theory on Westerkamp....sees Notre Dame's offense and the way they throw the ball.....then again your one of many and are not going to see the ball that much early and will sit at times on the bench.....at Nebraska we don't throw the ball as much then again he is the only WR commit in the class and will play sooner and more.....not sure if Westerkamp even knows what he wants....does not believe he is playing either team....too good of a kid to do that....not sure what happens with him....

--Need to get a DT, TE & CB.....and a S.....Diggs eliminated Nebraska...a bit of a surprise.....going after FBs all over the country too....sees Fuller or Moore as a replacement for Westerkamp if he decommits....

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=111&c=991&f=344501

This is from yesterday....

--No surprise on Afalava and Moss commits....

--Afalava got 'stiffed by CBS-Sports' and was not able to announce at the game as he planned....

--Sounds like Afalva went back and forth between Nebraska and Washington....however, told his Mom when he left for the All-Star practices/game he was going to Nebraska....which she wanted.....the USC guys love him.....Talman thinks he is very under-valued as a MLB....thinks he is so good in space...can get bigger....bodes well for the Huskers....future MIKE.....

--Moss informed Nebraska (Coach P.) before he left for the practices/game that he would be choosing the Huskers....

--Moss had not played football until 18 months ago when Todd Peat talked him into it....was a basketball player....thus raw...and able to build him up and on the right path....going to put on weight....potential is through the roof....so much room to grow....long arms...great wing span....

--His theory on Westerkamp....sees Notre Dame's offense and the way they throw the ball.....then again your one of many and are not going to see the ball that much early and will sit at times on the bench.....at Nebraska we don't throw the ball as much then again he is the only WR commit in the class and will play sooner and more.....not sure if Westerkamp even knows what he wants....does not believe he is playing either team....too good of a kid to do that....not sure what happens with him....

--Need to get a DT, TE & CB.....and a S.....Diggs eliminated Nebraska...a bit of a surprise.....going after FBs all over the country too....sees Fuller or Moore as a replacement for Westerkamp if he decommits....

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=111&c=991&f=344501

Good stuff as usual RR. Interesting regarding Fuller. I thought we were recruiting him as a QB?

Thanks RR..appreciate the updates. A number of months ago, I believe it was Beck who said that we would go after 2 QBs in this class. If we do not get Fuller (who could play a number of positions), is there any other QBs that we would go after?

In a way, I guess it is a good sign that we are not scrambling around for QBs, RBs and more WRs....I think it provides some evidence that we are not going to have the transfers that some speculate will happen. I am sure that the coaches have an idea of who might transfer and would recruit to fill those holes.

I wont answer for RR, but it seems like this class is down to Fuller and Armstrong and thats it. I could be totally wrong, but thats all I see at the moment.

Moore who we are recruiting is also an option QB/WR/DB..... so he could possibly be looked at however, I think if Fuller does not commit we stick with one.....which was the going in position anyway....Fuller because he is an execeptional athlete we are willing to give a shot at thus, taking a second QB....although I don't think he ends up there....

Armstrong in my opinion was always the QB in this class....Fuller is a that great 'get' if you can get him to come....

Moore is my mind becomes the WR commit IF Westerkamp decommits....if not he plays CB as he has played both posititons in HS....of course he has to commit.....

I think the whole transfer thing is a bit of hooey in my opinion....

Thanks RR..appreciate the updates. A number of months ago, I believe it was Beck who said that we would go after 2 QBs in this class. If we do not get Fuller (who could play a number of positions), is there any other QBs that we would go after?

In a way, I guess it is a good sign that we are not scrambling around for QBs, RBs and more WRs....I think it provides some evidence that we are not going to have the transfers that some speculate will happen. I am sure that the coaches have an idea of who might transfer and would recruit to fill those holes.

Last edited:

Yes....he will stay in Mississippi in my opinion (Ol Miss or USM)...no way he goes to LSU...they just got a commitment from the #1 rated QB in the country.....

His whole wanting to play baseball and possibly getting drafted would be enough to be leery after the whole Starling saga.....

Is Anthony Alford definitely out of it?

Yes....he will stay in Mississippi in my opinion (Ol Miss or USM)...no way he goes to LSU...they just got a commitment from the #1 rated QB in the country.....

His whole wanting to play baseball and possibly getting drafted would be enough to be leery after the whole Starling saga.....

Concur totally with your assessment. Why would you want to sign with LSU with them just signing Gunner Kiel. And for this same reason, why would Westercamp want to go to ND when they got committments from Greenberry 4* Ferguson 3* Brown 3* as WR and possibly Russell 4* as a WR/RB. The fact they signed all these WR's before they even started after Westercamp is a slap in the face to Westercamp IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back