• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

John Candy dead 25 years? Really?

we have an early morning workout group that runs the stairs at our 50,000 seat football stadium every wednesday in the summer and and a couple times during the summer there's a race to run every set of stairs in the stadium called the Old 96'er because you have to finish every last one just like poor John Candy in that movie.
then when that wasn't enough of a challenge for some of the elite runners they added 'The Gristle' which was running every stair in the upper deck twice.
Thats funny. Were you a 96er or did you go full gristle?

I would have liked to see what his career would have turned into as he got older. Would he have gone the Robin Williams (RIP) and Bill Murray route, and taken up more serious roles.

I would have liked to see what his career would have turned into as he got older. Would he have gone the Robin Williams (RIP) and Bill Murray route, and taken up more serious roles.
I think he would have. I once read somewhere that he greatly valued his role in JFK, and worked hard on his character, and was devastated when he heard Stone was considering cutting it from the film.

One of the things I loved about Planes/Trains/Automobiles were the serious moments of his character. He played it fantastic.

Last edited:

I think he would have. I once read somewhere that he greatly valued his role in JFK, and worked hard on his character, and was devastated when he heard Stone was considering cutting it from the film.

One of the things I loved about Planes/Trains/Automobiles were the serious moments of his character. He played it fantastic.

I like me. My wife likes me. My customers like me. Because I'm the real article. What you see is what you get.

giphy.gif

tumblr_mjdhouW7W81ry46hlo1_500.gif

There have only been a few celebrity deaths that really touched me. John Candy was one of them. Looking forward to this documentary.

Note: The others were James Garner, Audrey Hepburn and Stuart Adamson (from the rock group Big Country).

blues-brothers-john-candy.gif

People forget he had a bit role in Blues Brothers. So much of my childhood was made by Belushi, Aykroyd, Candy, and the Three Amigos: Chevy Chase, Steve Martin, and Martin Short.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back