• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Joe Burrow announces he IS transferring from Ohio St

For the Twitter impaired, his tweet says:

After weeks of struggling with this decision, I have decided to leave Ohio State and explore other options. My teammates and coaches all know the love I feel for them. I will decide where I will play next year in the coming weeks.

I doubt we take him. It would screw up any chemistry we have with our QB's now, unless we are certain Gebbia or AMart are transferring if they aren't the starter. If we think/know that one is transferring, then we bring him in, IMO.

I doubt we take him. It would screw up any chemistry we have with our QB's now, unless we are certain Gebbia or AMart are transferring if they aren't the starter. If we think/know that one is transferring, then we bring him in, IMO.
And what is it with kids that if they aren't they starter right now that they immediately transfer?

Whatever happened to working even harder and beating the starter out? Or

Waiting your turn? Or

Being the backup and when the starter is injured helping the "team" to victory (No "I" in team).

I'm lost with these kids attitude.

And what is it with kids that if they aren't they starter right now that they immediately transfer?

Waiting your turn? Or

Being the backup and when the starter is injured helping the "team" to victory (No "I" in team).

IIRC, 50% of 4/5 star QB end up transferring from their original school.

I get it, they are athletic studs and if they end up behind a same/similar aged kid they aren't going to get their shot to prove themselves.

With everyone on tv these days, money flowing everywhere, it makes sense for them to find another team to try their luck.

You would have to think Nebraska is on his radar. The question becomes, is he on Frost’s?
I doubt he is a fit here. I think he is looking for a guaranteed position and I doubt that SF gives it to him. He will just be told he will be given a chance to compete......the same chance he was given at Ohio State

Waiting your turn? Or

The Burrow did wait his turn only to get beat out by a 2nd year player.

Waiting your turn? Or

It isn't about "attitude" in most cases.

Quarterback is an ENTIRELY different animal than just about any other position on the team. Back up QBs generally don't play barring an injury or a blowout. Back up running backs get lots of carries. Back up WRs get lots of playing time. Etc.

If you lose the job to a guy your class or younger...and the coaches tell you the other guy is a solid #1...you're done. Guys who believe in their abilities have little interest in carrying a clip board for the rest of their extremely short careers. They get ONE window of time to play college QB. And, given the dearth of decent QB play in the NFL...they have to believe that they have a pretty good shot there if they can get some experience.

I would ABSOLUTELY encourage my kid to transfer if he was a QB at a place where it didn't look like he was going to play. It IS a game after all...you know?...FUN.

Waiting your turn? Or

In Gebbia's case he pretty much got the rug pulled from under him with a new staff and scheme. Can't fault the kid if he looks elsewhere if we bring more guys into the room.

I think he would be on equal footing with gebbia and Martinez as they are learning new system. If he comes here I bet Martinez redshirts for sure

Waiting your turn? Or

Exactly!

It isn't about "attitude" in most cases.

Quarterback is an ENTIRELY different animal than just about any other position on the team. Back up QBs generally don't play barring an injury or a blowout. Back up running backs get lots of carries. Back up WRs get lots of playing time. Etc.

If you lose the job to a guy your class or younger...and the coaches tell you the other guy is a solid #1...you're done. Guys who believe in their abilities have little interest in carrying a clip board for the rest of their extremely short careers. They get ONE window of time to play college QB. And, given the dearth of decent QB play in the NFL...they have to believe that they have a pretty good shot there if they can get some experience.

I would ABSOLUTELY encourage my kid to transfer if he was a QB at a place where it didn't look like he was going to play. It IS a game after all...you know?...FUN.
And linemen just sit untill they crack the lineup and we don't expect them to leave.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back