• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jim Kiick, Dolphins' perfect season running back, dies

Bean

Grey Shirt
10 Year Member

"Jim Kiick, the versatile running back who helped the Miami Dolphins achieve the NFL’s only perfect season in 1972, has died. He was 73.
James Forrest Kiick was born Aug. 9, 1946 in Lincoln Park, New Jersey. He led Wyoming in rushing three years in a row and was inducted into their athletics Hall of Fame in 1996. "
"He had his best season statistically for Miami’s 1971 Super Bowl team, when he rushed for 738 yards and averaged 4.6 yards per carry, both career highs.

Kiick also was an excellent blocker and a threat as a receiver. He had 233 career receptions for 2,302 yards."

Last edited:

They are slowly losing former players from that team. Bob Kuechenberg, Coach Don Shula, Earl Morrall, Bill Stanfill, Nick Buoniconti, Garo Yepremian, Jim Langer and Jim Mandich. I know Jim Kiick was part of the lawsuit against the NFL due to his dementia.

Last edited:
They are slowly losing former players from that team. Bob Kuechenberg, Coach Don Shula, Earl Morrall, Bill Stanfill, Nick Buoniconti, Garo Yepremian, Jim Langer and Jim Mandich. I know Jim Kiick was part of the lawsuit against the NFL due to his dementia.
Guess that means I am getting old too.
Great team built by Joe Thomas, who had his hands in the Vikings build of the 60's, the dolphins of late 60's and early 70's and onto Colts, gutting the Unitas team and ending up with Bert Jones, John Dutton, and a slew of other young dudes to get the colts to the playoffs.. Lest I digress of topic here.
Loved the DC Arnsparger-a genius of his time.
RIP Butch

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back