• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jim Groce - Ohio Solich connections

The Impaler

Cake or Death?
15 Year Member
Does Jim Groce being at Ohio with Solich help TO get his ear? Obviously Frank would surely have nothing but great things to say and could get in Groce's ear easily. Just a thought.

Last edited:

I think that definitely could help. Should NU reach out to Groce, Solich could answer a lot of questions regarding Nebraska and the university.

I am digging the parallels to the past. Former Nebraska football coach turned AD hires upstart basketball coach from Ohio U to resurrect moribund basketball program. The more things change...

I hope he still does recordings.

I see some problems here.

NU needs a coach who enforces team discipline -- not one who tells stories about some dude with a .44 gun in his pocket full o' fun and a razor in his shoe. And just saying, "You don't mess around with Jim" probably won't do the trick, either. Team humility is also important, and a coach who goes around saying "I got a name" sets a poor example.

Besides, NU needs a coach committed to winning now -- not one with a time-in-bottle mentality who just keeps hoping it might one day happen. (The last thing I wan't to hear from him at a press conference is, "There never seems to be enough time to do the things you want to do.") And what if he doesn't even stay long enough to build some continuity in the program? Before you know it, he could be rollin' down the highway, movin' ahead so life won't pass him by.

Probably not the best fit.

...interesting that CBS just showed Ohio's locker room after their victory tonight and the school President was sure to compliment his head coach as the "best in the country".

Perhaps he knows that the sharks are circling the Ohio Athletic Department?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back