• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jilted Recruiting Love. A group memoir.

Odell James. Even Jim Rome was talking about James on his national radio show when he chose Baylor over Nebraska.

Larry Station. I don't remember being upset when he decided to go to Iowa, but then every time I would turn on the television when Iowa was playing and watch him wreak havoc it made me a little sick to my stomach.

Played against him in high school (okay, I watched from my spot on the bench). Our backs hated it... Station could really bring the wood. He was a nice guy from what I could tell though.

I remember when we lost out on Ty Goode. People saying what a huge miss that was along with Junior Bryant. Went away and not heard from again. The offensive lineman Robinson hurt though. All American at Notre Dame I believe

I remember when we lost out on Ty Goode. People saying what a huge miss that was along with Junior Bryant. Went away and not heard from again. The offensive lineman Robinson hurt though. All American at Notre Dame I believe
Goode rarely, if ever, saw the field at Notre Dame. Bryant didn't turn out to be the All-American he seemed destined to be coming out of high school, but he was a contributor and part-time starter on some very good ND teams, and he played in the NFL for several years.

Tim Ridder was another player from that era who was a tough recruiting loss. He went to ND, got a fair amount of playing time including some starts, and was at least on an NFL practice squad for a year or two.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back