• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jessica Shepard gets to play this season for Notre Dame

People around me were going "who the heck is Jessica Shepard?" As one of the few people in the world whose two favorite schools are Nebraska and Notre Dame, I was able to fill them in.

She scored 7 points in 15 minutes. Didn't even know she was going to play until a few hours beforehand.

https://www.ndinsider.com/basketbal...cle_da7a2366-bf73-11e7-9b21-cb915c5a8105.html

"The presence of Shepard, a two-time All-Big Ten forward, is a potentially immeasurable win for the Irish, given that All-America post player Brianna Turner is out for the season while she recovers from a knee injury, and that fellow returning starting forward Kathryn Westbeld remains out indefinitely after April ankle surgery."

anyone know the reasoning why she was declared eligible without having to sit out a year?
When Yori was fired the offer to be released from their schollie was given to all the players. Jess stayed for a year then decided to transfer. When she left she applied for a waiver to play immediately and was denied. She went through the appeals process was denied twice and then on the third and final appeal she was granted immediate eligibility.

Jessica is now in the WNBA. Sorry to see any player suffer a serious injury. Hope she has a complete recovery.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back