• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JD Spielman to TCU?

Ya, this is isn't something like what's happening at Kansas State or where Frost is harboring anything negative like they are saying at Iowa. It's about the individual. We've talked a ton on this message board about how you can't get kids late in the recruiting process because you have no idea how they would react to your training, Lincoln, your coaching, the campus, etc. Our own head coach just didn't jive with Stanford, but thrived at Nebraska. If you aren't comfortable, you aren't comfortable.

Moving to speculation on my part, I wouldn’t be shocked if Frosty said “I get it, and we want to work to help get you eligible this year, but can it be somewhere other than Minnesota?”
In my business career, I have always seen that it is almost always best to take the high road... Someone has to do something incredibly bad before taking the low road has even a chance to work, and if the low road does work, the high road probably would have worked well anyway. The low road more often backfires and reflects badly, than it works. It really, really, looks bad, even when the user is "right" or justified.

I was disappointed that Frost put a restriction against Oregon State on that RB a couple of years ago... Did we even know if they were truly interested in him? and if they were, perhaps they deserve each other. I know there have been one or two you indicated we were hurt by losing, but there have been very, very few transfers that accomplished much of note at the schools the went to.

Increasingly, the NCAA is not allowing blocks and granting waivers, it would only make us look bad to put a block on him only to receive negative PR and then have the NCAA grant one anyway. Let people who want to leave go, let them go to wherever they want.

If JD doesn't want to be in Lincoln, I am hurt, and wonder why not, but IMO it is his decision to make and one that he will have to live with. Yeah, not happy if it is Minnesota, but I am not sure he'd even be the top receiver there. TCU, I like that. FCS? Well if that is what they want...

Last edited:

Assuming this season is going to be affected in some way by the virus why would you try to block him from any team? I get the feeling this season will most likely have an asterisk next to it when all is said and done.

Our own head coach just didn't jive with Stanford, but thrived at Nebraska. If you aren't comfortable, you aren't comfortable.

He went to Stanford to learn under Bill Walsh and I thought he returned because of Bill leaving. Was there more to it?

You should never try to block anyone from making a life learning decision, unless it's life threatening of course. How do you learn unless you are allowed to make mistakes? Kids should be allowed to go wherever they want to go. When the majority of them bust, they have only one person to blame. Someone mentioned protecting the team. That is truly the most snowflake attitude I've heard about this to date.

"Gee guys, JD is transferring to Minnesota. I want to protect you from losing to him, so I'm not going to allow him to go there. Is that ok with you? Surely you would not want to prove yourselves on the field against him to show him the mistake he made in leaving, right? Right. Ok, I won't let him go there. Now don't be late for your women's studies classes."

Good grief.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back