• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JD Spielman to TCU?

With what JD can put in his appeal, if Frost blocked it I think he would get protested until fired. Best to just let him play a year somewhere and let him be. Especially if it ends up TCU.

I’m not sure why you would even put that out there like that. Questionable post.

As for JD, I moved on when he did. He can play wherever he wants, in or out of conference. I don’t care.

He can play wherever he wants, in or out of conference. I don’t care.

Thumbs Up animated emoticon

I really appreciate this reply. It makes sense definitely. I just don't see the "holding a grudge" part of it. You are right though, his team should come first, I can't even argue against that. -
HHS.... hoping for Big Red football this year. I will take any version of it. We just want football!!

I’ll believe the adults over the petulant children, but you can do what you please.
While I'm not a fan of coaches blocking transfers, I guess it worries me as to what JD could put in his appeal that would be that controversial
This whole thing is getting ridiculous to me in regard to the "we are sitting out until ____". The Gundy and what shirt he was wearing thing really was eye-opening.

But that has nothing to do with JDs situation. He's a great football player and an interesting dude. The more I learn the more I start to understand why he didn't go out in front of the media often. While I do think it was this staffs fault we aren't hanging onto him for this senior year, it wouldn't be their fault for what I referenced. If JD chose to put down what i'm referencing in his NCAA appeal, you could never blame it on Frost, but if he blocked him due to that appeal it would get bad in a hurry (if that stuff is public, I can't remember).

It will be interesting to see what JD cares to tell in a few years.

I’m not sure why you would even put that out there like that. Questionable post.

As for JD, I moved on when he did. He can play wherever he wants, in or out of conference. I don’t care.
To inform people that Frost blocking the transfer if JD put down what i'm referencing would end not good for us. If that's questionable, you may need to get off message boards and/or social media. It's much worse out there.

Typically, when I see posts where people are making a strong statement one way or the other such as "we should block his transfer" and if I know something that would hinder that, I let people know it wouldn't be that easy. Tough pill to swallow for some, but the truth sometimes is.

Last edited:
This whole thing is getting ridiculous to me in regard to the "we are sitting out until ____". The Gundy and what shirt he was wearing thing really was eye-opening.

But that has nothing to do with JDs situation. He's a great football player and an interesting dude. The more I learn the more I start to understand why he didn't go out in front of the media often. While I do think it was this staffs fault we aren't hanging onto him for this senior year, it wouldn't be their fault for what I referenced. If JD chose to put down what i'm referencing in his NCAA appeal, you could never blame it on Frost, but if he blocked him due to that appeal it would get bad in a hurry (if that stuff is public, I can't remember).

It will be interesting to see what JD cares to tell in a few years.

Ok, thanks for the explanation. It doesn't sound quite as ominous.as it initially did. Either way, I don't think anyone really needs to know any of this and hopefully everyone goes their separate ways.

Ok, thanks for the explanation. It doesn't sound quite as ominous.as it initially did. Either way, I don't think anyone really needs to know any of this and hopefully everyone goes their separate ways.
Ya, this is isn't something like what's happening at Kansas State or where Frost is harboring anything negative like they are saying at Iowa. It's about the individual. We've talked a ton on this message board about how you can't get kids late in the recruiting process because you have no idea how they would react to your training, Lincoln, your coaching, the campus, etc. Our own head coach just didn't jive with Stanford, but thrived at Nebraska. If you aren't comfortable, you aren't comfortable.

Moving to speculation on my part, I wouldn’t be shocked if Frosty said “I get it, and we want to work to help get you eligible this year, but can it be somewhere other than Minnesota?”

Last edited:
To inform people that Frost blocking the transfer if JD put down what i'm referencing would end not good for us. If that's questionable, you may need to get off message boards and/or social media. It's much worse out there.

Typically, when I see posts where people are making a strong statement one way or the other such as "we should block his transfer" and if I know something that would hinder that, I let people know it wouldn't be that easy. Tough pill to swallow for some, but the truth sometimes is.

You didn’t understand me. What’s questionable is you putting cryptic information out there without any clarity only to let the masses speculate. You’ve since clarified to a degree, so I’m guessing you agree with me that your original post is unclear. I’m not throwing stones at you here, but members look to you for information and that creates a responsibility on your part, like it or not.

I’m not trying to be a jerk here. There’s no nice way to say that I think you messed up with that post being cryptic about the staff and program, and my read is that you’re someone who can handle a little criticism.

I/we appreciate your clarification.

Ya, this is isn't something like what's happening at Kansas State or where Frost is harboring anything negative like they are saying at Iowa. It's about the individual. We've talked a ton on this message board about how you can't get kids late in the recruiting process because you have no idea how they would react to your training, Lincoln, your coaching, the campus, etc. Our own head coach just didn't jive with Stanford, but thrived at Nebraska. If you aren't comfortable, you aren't comfortable.

Moving to speculation on my part, I wouldn’t be shocked if Frosty said “I get it, and we want to work to help get you eligible this year, but can it be somewhere other than Minnesota?”
Would this conversation have also come up with Noah going to Rutgers? Obviously, I have no idea what went down with JD and NU. I have heard/read rumors and moving on truly seems the best for both parties....

You didn’t understand me. What’s questionable is you putting cryptic information out there without any clarity only to let the masses speculate. You’ve since clarified to a degree, so I’m guessing you agree with me that your original post is unclear. I’m not throwing stones at you here, but members look to you for information and that creates a responsibility on your part, like it or not.

I’m not trying to be a jerk here. There’s no nice way to say that I think you messed up with that post being cryptic about the staff and program, and my read is that you’re someone who can handle a little criticism.

I/we appreciate your clarification.
I see you just joined, and i've had this conversation before on this site, so i'll clarify a bit more. I either put out a post like I did to let people know there's a reason something can or can't be done, or since I can't elaborate I sit quiet and just let people speculate on things that aren't feasible. We came up with stating things even though I can't go into detail was the way to go. If we need to readdress that i'll be happy to, and if we come to the conclusion we should just let people discuss things that aren't possible, i'm good with that.

Would this conversation have also come up with Noah going to Rutgers? Obviously, I have no idea what went down with JD and NU. I have heard/read rumors and moving on truly seems the best for both parties....
Ya, I think it was tough that we let it get to the point that it did, but the appeal part i'm talking about has zero to do with SF. Heck, JD may not even put it in his appeal process.

With Noah, when you tell a kid who you are rolling with it's tough to tell him "but you can't go to School X". With JD, he was going to be starting, but both parties knew we needed to move on. Frost is taking the high road but also needs to protect himself. JD could get a waiver if he went closer to home from what he was told, but i'm speculating that we said we'd help with his appeal if he went somewhere other than Minnesota. JD has his choice (again in my opinion), but both parties are "being the bigger person".

Ya, I think it was tough that we let it get to the point that it did, but the appeal part i'm talking about has zero to do with SF. Heck, JD may not even put it in his appeal process.

With Noah, when you tell a kid who you are rolling with it's tough to tell him "but you can't go to School X". With JD, he was going to be starting, but both parties knew we needed to move on. Frost is taking the high road but also needs to protect himself. JD could get a waiver if he went closer to home from what he was told, but i'm speculating that we said we'd help with his appeal if he went somewhere other than Minnesota. JD has his choice (again in my opinion), but both parties are "being the bigger person".
Thanks. I'd have to agree. Wish we could have kept Noah, but just don't see how that's possible. Especially when he has the ability to start somewhere. IMHO, he was and is and good QB.

Regarding JD, I think it got to the point both parties new it was better to part on professional terms. Good for both parties. IMHO, experience makes an immediate impact, but culture change can make impacts permanent.....Glad it's over and the Huskers can move forward. A tone of great potential coming in.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back