• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JD Speilman Is Transfering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if some people didn't believe him, but at this point if anyone was/is left the handling of it was 100% on Frost and the staff.

If JD was a Riley guy at heart and never going to buy into 'The Frost Way', playing him if he's not doing what's being asked is just reinforcing the issue, not correcting it. Right?

I don't want to bag on Frost, but with so much roster turnover and so many new faces, how can NU still have kids not bought it that don't squarely fall in his lap?

If a coach has hopes that a kid will see the light, does it make sense that he may favor the more talented, especially when we have a void of playmaker talent? Washington and Spielman seem to fit that category, as does Lamar Jackson. The difference being, Lamar apparently removed most of his head from his backside. Spielman apparently was not as overt in his behavior as Washington and Walters may have been some form of buffer, so he apparently got at least some form of a pass.

Hindsight says we probably would have been better off if he'd just cut the cancer instead of trying to cure it, but do we think we wouldn't still see plenty of sour grapes from players? And wouldn't those comments still be used against us with future recruits? 'So much for Frost's 'we're a family' comments. First sign of a challenge and he's kicking your son to the curb'.

Last edited:
I don't know if some people didn't believe him, but at this point if anyone was/is left the handling of it was 100% on Frost and the staff.

If JD was a Riley guy at heart and never going to buy into 'The Frost Way', playing him if he's not doing what's being asked is just reinforcing the issue, not correcting it. Right?

I don't want to bag on Frost, but with so much roster turnover and so many new faces, how can NU still have kids not bought it that don't squarely fall in his lap?

Frost just said the culture is closer to where it needs to be than since he arrived. So, you are saying had SF benched JD last year (who most seem to think is irreplaceable THIS year, even with more talent coming in) because he wasn't bought in, it would have been obvious to all fans, media and concerned citizens that SF was truly trying to win games? This board and most of the state would have imploded! We already had numerous pages devoted to how Wandale was over used and abused and injured due to lack of support. I'm sure sitting JD would have been welcomed "to change the culture".

The SF luster has been said to have disappeared and doubt has crept in on whether he was the best hire. How do you think 3-9 or 2-10 would have affected those impressions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back