• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JD Speilman Is Transfering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spielman was a stud!! He suffered badly because of quarterback, offensive line, and playcalling issues. Our offense suffered when we couldn't get the ball to him.

Yes, Hot Topics is bizarre....most of the time......but this is right up there.

Spielman is a stud.

I wish Spielman was still on the roster.

Is/was there something going on behind the scenes that made his remaining on the roster a bad situation? Dunno. When he was on the field last fall or the fall before, he was always one of the best two or three out there.

The draft position argument...as mentioned...means nothing. There are so, so many GREAT college players that don't translate to the NFL for various reasons. It doesn't take away from the fact that they were/are still great in college. I don't know why that is so hard to grasp.

The draft position argument...as mentioned...means nothing. There are so, so many GREAT college players that don't translate to the NFL for various reasons. It doesn't take away from the fact that they were/are still great in college. I don't know why that is so hard to grasp.

Completely agree.

Ted Gregory was the 26th pick in the first round by Denver back in 1988.

He should have been an un-drafted free agent.

On a bad team with a QB having a poor season

Not to mention injuries he suffered such as concussions yet still had 898 receiving yards.
Great WR’s beat great defensive backs. He wasn’t running open. Any lock down corners would shut him down period. He doesn’t have the elite size or speed. We are more of a passing offense than ever before. He is good not elite. We just have a different definition of what greatness is.

Great WR’s beat great defensive backs. He wasn’t running open. Any lock down corners would shut him down period. He doesn’t have the elite size or speed. We are more of a passing offense than ever before. He is good not elite. We just have a different definition of what greatness is.

Your totally missing the point in this thread

I give up

If JD decides to come back for his final year, he will hold several Husker records by the end of the season. This discussion makes as much sense as the one that we used to hear about Nate Gerry on defense....he's starting his 3rd year in the Pro's. JD is a stud and will be a stud on any team he decides to suit up for.

crazy good at times and would make teams pay. nice speed and good hands. physical injuries, concussions, didn't get along with new coaches just dont know.

On a bad team with a QB having a poor season

Not to mention injuries he suffered such as concussions yet still had 898 receiving yards.
Your totally missing the point in this thread

I give up
whats the point? I said he’s good. I said he’s a tough kid. I never attacked his character or him as a person. I will agree that being great in college doesn’t always translate to the NFL. I consider guys elite who change games and win games, sometimes based on just individual effort. I don’t believe JD did that. I don’t think defensive coordinators where afraid of what he could do. I believe Wandale will be better if he stays healthy.

He posted a picture on Instagram of a Husker fan criticizing him saying "Don't you have a team to go leave?" to which JD captioned the post "So GBR huh". I actually sent him a DM saying that one disrespectful Husker fan doesn't represent the entirety of Husker Nation, but if I had to guess, he's probably gone.

Not trying to get into the fray but just wanted to add that whether you think he is good or great, I think he has been one of the bright spots on this team since he arrived and it would be a real shame if he didn't return. He has a ton of potential that was masked by QB play and injuries. I was hoping he would become our version of Tyreek Hill.

Last edited:
He posted a picture on Instagram of a Husker fan criticizing him saying "Don't you have a team to go leave?" to which JD captioned the post "So GBR huh". I actually sent him a DM saying that one disrespectful Husker fan doesn't represent the entirety of Husker Nation, but if I had to guess, he's probably gone.

Sometimes it only takes one douche. I'd like to see how well he fared doing that in front of a big crowd of real Husker fans.

With an outside threat or two, like Manning and Betts, Spielman is that much more dangerous. As it was, he was the only guy we had last year and people played him that way. Too bad he won't be coming back.

This is true. JD has been out there getting hammered when he was really the only threat in the WR Corp. Anybody that has a take that he’s overrated and our WR room is going to be better off without him is not paying attention.

If you want to say that he’s not a deep threat that is going to take the top off of the defense I’m fine with that. But if you get the guy ANY help on the outside just like when he had Stanley Morgan lined up out there, this guy is the epitome of what you want in a slot receiver. I’m pretty sure last season he had the fewest receptions that he’s had in the last three years but he still had the most yards and the biggest average per reception of all his seasons. He literally did that with nearly no help on the outside and an injured quarterback that couldn’t get the ball to him consistently.

How about you just wish somebody well and appreciate all that they’ve given to the program and move on.

I for one hope that he would come back but if he doesn’t that’s his business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back