• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked JC WR Jaelen Strong offered; Sandland's teammate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good stuff FLAS....I'll do some reserch to find out more about him...:)

The 4-3 makes him a gem if for no other reason....also means he RS last year and this will be his first year of JUCO football....

Out of Philadelphia....like Zaire Anderson so a Big Ten country guy....so I'm not too worried about Arizona State....and having the realationship we do with Sandland will help.....

Last edited:
Some big-time giddy-up....

High School video: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/98150/#highlights/95548

Pearce Community College
Woodland Hills, CA
West Philadelphia Catholic High School (2011 graduate)
Philadelphia, PA
Ht:6'4"
Wt:205 lbs
40:4.46 secs
Class:2013 (Junior College)
Scout 3-star,
Offers: Arizona, Arizona State, Mississippi, Nebraska, North Carolina State, Purdue, Tennessee Tech

Last edited:

First Team PA All-State WR....

[video=youtube_share;6RjjE55R5XQ]http://youtu.be/6RjjE55R5XQ[/video]

Training Camp film from 2012:

[video=youtube_share;FvMrSFclQhI]http://youtu.be/FvMrSFclQhI[/video]

We are seeing a few more JUCO offers the past couple weeks. I'm still on record that we are going to take a few more this year.

Obviously we need Sandland at TE. We need a DT. We need a S.

http://nebraska.scout.com/a.z?s=204...RecruitVisitFlag=-1&OrderbyColumn=RatingValue

Here's a list from scout of JUCo interest. We have offered a few WR's so they are looking for help there...smart move.

I'm surprised we havent offered more DE's. I wouldn't be surprised to see us try to get an OT.

With this class being around 27-28 commits in my opinion we could afford to take 3-4 JUCO's and kids like Strong who are 4-3 guys are a bonus...and yes Sandland is a must...hopefully he returns to Lincoln soon with his mom.....:)

We are seeing a few more JUCO offers the past couple weeks. I'm still on record that we are going to take a few more this year.

Obviously we need Sandland at TE. We need a DT. We need a S.

http://nebraska.scout.com/a.z?s=204...RecruitVisitFlag=-1&OrderbyColumn=RatingValue

Here's a list from scout of JUCo interest. We have offered a few WR's so they are looking for help there...smart move.

I'm surprised we havent offered more DE's. I wouldn't be surprised to see us try to get an OT.

I really like his size, body control, and looks to have really good paws. I wouldn't call him quick, but when he gets a couple steps out he starts to cover a LOT of ground in a hurry. I like him in the screen game and the go routes.

Get him!

Thanks for the vids, RR.

Personally, I don't care where the talent comes from, but I thought the idea was that Bo would get away from relying in Jucos. Seems they are increasing reliance. Folks around here used to mock Snyder and KSU for this very thing. I realize unexpected roster turnover and such affects Juco recruiting, but aren't we far enough along in Pelini's tenure that needing to get 4-5 Juco guys is a thing of the past?

You will probably always take 2-3 a year....as has been Bo's average....

Personally, I don't care where the talent comes from, but I thought the idea was that Bo would get away from relying in Jucos. Seems they are increasing reliance. Folks around here used to mock Snyder and KSU for this very thing. I realize unexpected roster turnover and such affects Juco recruiting, but aren't we far enough along in Pelini's tenure that needing to get 4-5 Juco guys is a thing of the past?

We're actually at a spot where we can have enough schollies we can easily add a couple and not screw up the class number balance.

Need is need, and there are spots where, for whatever reason, we have a hole or two in the progression or are losing several SR's this year and could use immediate help. I don't think you are ever at a place where you can just say 'we aren't taking any JC's'. The trick is not taking 5 every class, because then it becomes self-perpetuating.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sometimes, you do everything you need to in the recruiting game, and things just don't pan out. Consider the DLine....we had Peat, Valentine, Williams, Rome, and others, who all had very strong offer lists, but through injuries and other things, we just aren't where we want to be as far as depth, especially when you lose your 3 year starter. So JUCO's definetely will fill needs. I think your question to be answered though is no, it's not worrisome, sometimes you take JUCO guys to help balance out classes as well.

If it were me I would want a TE, OL, DT, DE, S - I didn't look at the chart but I thought we were young and deep at receiver....apparently not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back