• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jazquez Yant

He turned down a similar position earlier at NU on the grounds that it would take too much time from his religious mission. After the passage of about five years, it would be interesting to see if he has changed his mind.

As much as I love Ron Brown I don't think it will happen. CFB coaching is a grind. Very time consuming. RB is not your typical what, 68 year old? He may not want to travel all the time recruiting. But by the same token, he may not want to put in those hours. But if Frost makes the decision to bring him on full time, I'm all in.

As someone mentioned earlier he has his religious mission. In today’s new political climate he couldn’t speak out and be a coach. I guarantee no coach anywhere will be bringing up the things Ron Brown did last time he was a coach. I don’t see him giving up publicly speaking about his mission. I don’t think he will be a coach again.

He turned down a similar position earlier at NU on the grounds that it would take too much time from his religious mission. After the passage of about five years, it would be interesting to see if he has changed his mind.
When did he turn down a coaching job at Nebraska? Brown coached for the Huskers through the 2014 season, then coached at Liberty under Turner Gill through 2017. He came back to Nebraska when Frost was hired at the end of 2017. Frost brought his UCF staff with him, so there wasn't a spot for Brown as a full time assistant.

Can you provide a link to your statement here?

As much as I love Ron Brown I don't think it will happen. CFB coaching is a grind. Very time consuming. RB is not your typical what, 68 year old? He may not want to travel all the time recruiting. But by the same token, he may not want to put in those hours. But if Frost makes the decision to bring him on full time, I'm all in.

I believe he’s 61 and after a taste of being back working with players directly I believe he’d take the job.

He also needs to learn to run behind his pads, against Northwestern he could get by with running straight up. Watch the tape and realize that he is a 240 pound running back that runs like a 180 pounder wants to be speed and not power. The Wisconson kid was a punisher running behind his pads and with speed. Yant can get there he just needs to learn how. Ron Brown could be the guy, it just may be to late for the teaching to take ahold. I have nothing against the kid, just don't see why a lot of people are so in love with him. Reminds of Tyreese Knox from the mid 80's, big back, good speed, just couldn't put it all together. I guess I am just getting old and not remembering or "seeing" what other people do.
Two great things about about him
Hes young and he has his moments.
Both are things to watch for in young RBs, you either got it or you dont, it appears hes capable.
Some RBs make the plays on the board, as designed, some on the field, he seems at times at least, to be the latter

Last edited:

Am for RB for all reasons mentioned above but I think I heard someone on a recent podcast point out that he has knee probs and might find it hard running around field during practices and/or up and down sidelines during games. But if RB was offered and thinks he's up to it I'd have faith in him.

NFL Caliber RB that has not been used even close to enough. I really hope he does not transfer because we don't have anyone close to his level on the roster.

Looks like someone got into their parents liquor cabinet again….sheeeeeeeeesh

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back