• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jaz drafted #29 by Phoenix!

I can't believe Jaz wasn't drafted a round earlier! I think a bunch of teams missed out on a 2nd round talent.

If she'd lasted one more pick, the Mystics might have drafted her. The Mystics took G Kaylynne Truong from Gonzaga with the next pick, so perhaps they were targeting a guard there. I really hope Jaz makes the team and I can see her play when the Mercury come to DC on July 16. In the WNBA, sadly sometimes it's really hard for 2nd and 3rd rd picks to make the team. Hopefully that might get a tiny bit easier in future years because the league wants to get to 16 teams by 2028.

Issie Bourne's Adelaide Lightning teammate G Isobel Borlase was drafted at #20 by Atlanta. Borlase is only 20, so Tom Creme thinks Atlanta might retain her rights and let her game develop more with another year in Australia. IIRC, Issie signed a multiyear deal with Adelaide before their season last year. So she should be back with them this year. She had a good year for her team last season, 21 G 15.6 PPG 4 RPG and 1.5 APG. She wasn't so great from the line though, only 47.2%. Which promted one of her teammates to jokingly say in a Lightning social media video that watching Issie miss at the FT line was her "basketball ick." As soon as she said it, the camera panned to Issie who had this, "Hey! What did I do to deserve that?!?" look.

I forgot to post that, a couple days ago, Jaz posted a photo of Sam Haiby playing for the Mackay Meteorettes in the Australian NBL1 league to social media. (The NBL1 league has a streaming service, NBL+.) In her team's game on April 12, Sam was great! 19 Points, 3 Assists and 5 Rebounds in 33 minutes. She shot 42% from the floor, and 66.7% from the FT line.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back