• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jayhawks and Cyclones appear to be talking to B1G

Kansas and Iowa State - really?

Hey KW - how's this for a bold move that really beats the SEC to the punch: Merge the B1G and Pac-12 to make a coast-to-coast conference that boxes-in the SEC and gets prime access to the biggest tv markets. Networks would be falling over themselves to land those broadcast rights for football, basketball, volleyball. (credit goes to my brother for this idea - I'm not that smart)

Kansas and Iowa State - really?

Hey KW - how's this for a bold move that really beats the SEC to the punch: Merge the B1G and Pac-12 to make a coast-to-coast conference that boxes-in the SEC and gets prime access to the biggest tv markets. Networks would be falling over themselves to land those broadcast rights for football, basketball, volleyball. (credit goes to my brother for this idea - I'm not that smart)

Now you've got my attention!

I'm all for KU to the B1G. There really aren't 2 teams we could add that would match OU and TU when it comes to football, so solidifying the B1G as the best basketball conference top to bottom is a decent consolation prize.

I'm all for KU to the B1G. There really aren't 2 teams we could add that would match OU and TU when it comes to football, so solidifying the B1G as the best basketball conference top to bottom is a decent consolation prize.

Everyone forgets about ND. THAT would be a value-based addition to the conference. No idea what concessions ND would need to turn away from ACC, but KW would not be doing his job if he didn't at least make that phone call.

He should also call OU.

Everyone forgets about ND. THAT would be a value-based addition to the conference. No idea what concessions ND would need to turn away from ACC, but KW would not be doing his job if he didn't at least make that phone call.

He should also call OU.

Yes. Notre Dame is the lone remaining crown jewel, IMO.

If OU, UT and ND wind up joining the SEC+B1G, you'll have USC as the lone blue blood who's not in those two conferences.

Heck, maybe the SEC and B1G just merge and make their own league. We can scoop up a few like FSU and Clemson on the way and call it good.

He should also call OU.
What it would take is a bridge too far for B1G Presidents. They refuse to be a part of the research sharing.

He should also call OU.

I think that's probably where the wise money is.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back