• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jayhawks and Cyclones appear to be talking to B1G

It's why he was hired. The B1G was approached by UT and OU 6 months ago, and they knew that they were going to the SEC. KU had been talking to the B1G for long enough that they had a conference call with the presidents right after UT and OU's secession was made public.

I don't think it was a coincidence that Bill Moos retired when he did, and I think that Trev was hired precisely to help Nebraska navigate all of this. For the most part, we'll have little if any role to play, just just shut up and do what we can to support the ADs over the presidents, and everything should turn out okay.
Probably true but Moos didn’t help himself either from what I have heard. Nebraska isn’t a power broker in this scenario but we need someone passionate and committed to the future. Trev’s age and experience lends itself to that for sure.

Probably true but Moos didn’t help himself either from what I have heard. Nebraska isn’t a power broker in this scenario but we need someone passionate and committed to the future. Trev’s age and experience lends itself to that for sure.
I agree with you and think Moos was ushered into early retirement for other reasons. Hopefully having a younger more energetic athlete director helps. It definitely can’t hurt.

Notre Dame is a bit of an exception in a lot of ways with these things. I haven't researched exactly why they're not in the AAU, but they more than meet the minimum qualifications, so their being on the outside doesn't appear to be by their fault so much as their choice. It's kind of elitist jujitsu to academic snobs to say, "We could join your little 'exclusive' club, but we don't want to."
The public reason given is that a lot of the AAU research violates ethical norms accepted by Catholic Doctrine.

It MAY BE that ND, due many of its donors being "conservative," have threatened to pull their financial support IF ND faculty engage in anti-pro-life research.
This is very very close. The only thing I would slightly disagree with is that some of those donors would not be described as conservative accept for the pro life issues. Catholic politics in America have a lot of gray areas.

West Virginia makes TOTAL sense to the ACC…

from my understanding is that is where they wanted to go in the first place.

Cincinnati? Yeah well maybe.

Navy?

Kansas to the ACC? Well I guess West Virginia made something similar work for a while and it would be a plum for ACC Basketball…. but seems a stretch to me…

West Virginia makes TOTAL sense to the ACC…

from my understanding is that is where they wanted to go in the first place.

Cincinnati? Yeah well maybe.

Navy?

Kansas to the ACC? Well I guess West Virginia made something similar work for a while and it would be a plum for ACC Basketball…. but seems a stretch to me…

That would make a great basketball conference even better. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

I still like Pete Carroll.
Why will I always think of Pete Carroll as:

He has time and downs for 2 plays…. and a time out left to boot

ball on less than the one yard line…

He had the BEST back in all of professional football, a BEAST of a man who’s has NOT been stopped all day.

The offensive line has blown holes in the Patriot defense all game long.

And he calls a dangerous pass play over the middle into total congestion.

Will never forget the call or the play….was stunned….sat there and watched the screen with my mouth open.

Total lunacy….

Only equaled by the Falcons a few years later who have the ball on the Patriot 21 with time running out….can seal the game with a chip shot field goal after a running play to center the ball in the hash marks…

And they call a PASS PLAY…
And OF COURSE Ryan gets dropped for a HUGE loss
Forces a punt instead of a field goal
And the rest is history

Oh and the idiot offensive coordinator who called the pass play….instead of being fired….gets hired as a head coach the next year.

Lunacy abounds…..

Two of the Patriots Super Bowl wins should have never happened. Never.

I see Pete chewing gum, pacing the sidelines like a guy half his age, winning natty after natty. I was very jealous of that team and their coach at the time. Quite a run.

I see Pete chewing gum, pacing the sidelines like a guy half his age, winning natty after natty. I was very jealous of that team and their coach at the time. Quite a run.
He was the darling of the Media…

They LOVED him!

and my wife thought him very handsome which that right there made me hate him LOL

But my wife likes Nick Saban too….

I can’t win….

There was a story about a Friday walk-through practice where the players were too tight, so Carroll lined up as a HB in a goalline situation and dove into the end zone. They said that the whole team was rolling on the ground.

Brian Hansen is more than an acquaintance of mine through SD FCA. I was asking him about NFL coaches that he had. I asked him which one really cared the most for his players. He said Pete Carroll, without question. Keep in mind how many teams and coaches that Hansen played for, and that was a significant statement to me. He was with Carroll with the Jets.

There has been a lot of talk about scenarios with both 2 and 4 superconferences. Any chance there ends up being 3 superconferences when the dust settles? For example: expanded SEC, expanded ACC, and Big10/Pac12 alliance.

There has been a lot of talk about scenarios with both 2 and 4 superconferences. Any chance there ends up being 3 superconferences when the dust settles? For example: expanded SEC, expanded ACC, and Big10/Pac12 alliance.
My opinion carries as much as anyone else right now. The Big 12 is in trouble but there won’t be near the large scale moves many are fantasizing about. I will guarantee you that no one on this board knows what is going to happen no matter how in the know they want you to believe.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back