• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Javin Wright blood clots & surgery

Really sorry to hear this; wishing the best for him. I would assume Tommie Frazier will reach out to him when the time is right, since Tommie went through the same thing.
Blood clots are dangerous. Lots of blood clot patients are undetected. Me and J.R. Richards (link) was the same bad experience.

He was one of the premier pitchers in the majors, leading the National League twice in strikeouts, once in earned run average, and three times in hits allowed per nine innings, winning at least 18 games a year between 1976 and 1979.[2] On July 30, 1980, Richard suffered a stroke and collapsed while playing a game of catch before an Astros game, caused by a blood clot in his neck. His condition brought a sudden end to his major league career at the age of 30. Two-time National League MVPs Johnny Bench and Dale Murphy both named Richard as the toughest pitcher they ever faced.
Richard passed away in a Houston hospital on August 4, 2021. He was experiencing complications from COVID-19. He was 71.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back