• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Javin Wright blood clots & surgery

Except it’s not - it’s the kids 2nd blood clot, the first one happened long before Covid.

What difference would it have made if the kid were vaxxed or not? Is that going to change someone’s opinion on how awful this is?

It was a douche question to ask

One of the vaccines causes blood clots so it's a reasonable question. If the answer is yes it's something our medical personnel might want to place extra emphasis on when watching our other players.

One of the vaccines causes blood clots so it's a reasonable question. If the answer is yes it's something our medical personnel might want to place extra emphasis on when watching our other players.
And minor to major surgeries. Very common.

My daughter had pulled wisdom tooth (infection). Checked blood clots twice a week and she subscribed blood thinner pills (Rx Warfarin) for 1 month.

Another daughter, the same thing ... Warfarin. (remove benign tumor)

Finally me ... lifetime Rx Warfarin pills (J.R. Richard "disease"). Very cheap, equal to aspirin.

By the way, Warfarin drug is the same as rat poisoning :eek:. Obviously MORE potent.

GPNle25.jpg
warfarin-300x300.jpg

Last edited:

Many people have blood clots. Some are more significant than others. I have had one. They are nothing to fool around with. Mine was a deep vein thrombosis, or DVT, a blood clot that occurs in a vein.

A vein is a type of blood vessel that carries oxygen-poor blood back to the heart (versus arteries, which are blood vessels that carry oxygen-rich blood throughout your body). DVT blood clots usually occur in the leg, though they can occur in the arm or other veins. The clot can block blood flow and lead to painful swelling in the affected limb. A DVT may also lead to a pulmonary embolism (PE), which happens when a DVT blood clot breaks off and travels through the bloodstream to the lungs.

Having a DVT can be scary, and it's normal to want to understand how it could have happened, especially if you feel like you’re generally healthy. The truth is, almost anyone can get a DVT, but your risk increases if you have certain risk factors, especially if you have more than one.

DVT risk factors you can influence or that are temporary:
  • Flying on a plane for long periods
  • Being overweight
  • Smoking
  • Oral contraceptives or hormone therapy
  • Injury to a deep vein due to surgery or other trauma
  • Slow blood flow due to immobility after surgery or during illness
  • Certain cancer treatments

DVT risk factors you can’t control or change:
  • A family history of DVT
  • Certain blood disorders that make your blood more likely to clot (eg, factor V Leiden, a mutation of one of the clotting factors involved in normal blood clotting)
  • Older age

Except it’s not - it’s the kids 2nd blood clot, the first one happened long before Covid.

What difference would it have made if the kid were vaxxed or not? Is that going to change someone’s opinion on how awful this is?

It was a douche question to ask
My nominee for post of the year.

• Flying on a plane for long periods
  • Being overweight
  • Smoking
  • Oral contraceptives or hormone therapy
  • Injury to a deep vein due to surgery or other trauma
  • Slow blood flow due to immobility after surgery or during illness
  • Certain cancer treatments
My blood clot factor, trauma due to an old injury. And neck artery, not vein.

For some reason, blood clot breaks off and travels through to the my brain.

BTW, you said "lead to painful swelling" ..... myself, no pain and swelling at all.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back