• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Jason Peter on Big Red Wrapup...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason needs to realize that we're in a different era in college football now. Teams can't give out 500 scholarships and hoard all the good players.

Also, I seem to recall that a certain football coach is now our athletic director. If he thinks the Pelini Regime is so radically inferior to the mid-90's squads, he'd make a move. Not saying he'd fire Bo, but he'd probably offer some "strong suggestions."

I love Jason for what he did, but at some point you need to move on with your life. You're a Nebraska alumni, not a player anymore. He needs to face facts that when people say the word Cornhusker, the casual fan thinks about Burkhead, Martinez and maybe Suh. They don't think about Frazier, Wistrom or Phillips.

I for one will always think Frazier, Wistrom or Peter when someone says Cornhusker. But I am not a casual fan. :)

I think Jason has earned the right as a former player to make his comments. I do also believe that things that happened 15-20 years ago really have no bearing on today. Way too much has changed especially the player them self. No different than when you hear your father say 'when I was a kid'. Doesn't matter if it was your father or your grandfather or his father, times change. You may be hard pressed to find any business that does things the same today as they did 20 years ago. We are talking almost a whole generation from when JP played till know. What worked for them may or may not work know. I appreciate his insight and he may be right but it ain't gonna happen.

And clearly, this is why Bill Snyder has fallen flat on his face during his ill-conceived return at Kansas State.

Uh, the scholarship limits were in place when Jason Peter played. Peter, Frazier, Wistrom, Phillips, Green, Berringer, Mackovicka, Schlessinger, are all names that should not be forgotten. Nebraska's strength is in its tradition.

Yeah, but that doesn't fit with what that poster wants to believe...so just ignore the facts.

I for one will always think Frazier, Wistrom or Peter when someone says Cornhusker. But I am not a casual fan. :)

Great post.

And Tagge, Humm, Faragamo, Redwine, Schlesinger, Makovica, Kinney, Flowers..... Dang, this could end up being the longest post on Huskermax this year.

To have a worthwhile tradition, there has to be a continuity of...I don't know...respect for the past, appreciation of the people that got us to where we are, eagerness to have the the present and future reflect the efforts those that came before.

I agree that Peters could improve his presentation, but I have a ton of respect for his concern and perspective.

What, they are off limits Corpus? This guy is flat out out of control. We are supposed to just bow down because he is a former player. B.S.! Maybe you do....

Singing off now, as I have to arise well before dawn. But I hope the lucid here will watch my back for any attacks! If not, I shall address tomorrow.

Well they should be off limits to blatant character assasination.

just watched...guy is speaking his mind and he has valid points..nothing out of line

What, they are off limits Corpus? This guy is flat out out of control. We are supposed to just bow down because he is a former player. B.S.! Maybe you do....

Singing off now, as I have to arise well before dawn. But I hope the lucid here will watch my back for any attacks! If not, I shall address tomorrow.

Here's my challenge to you (hopefully you will accept sometime after you arise well before dawn).

What quote, from Jason Peter, leads you to believe he is "out of control?"

just watched...guy is speaking his mind and he has valid points..nothing out of line

What?!?! THEN WHY ARE WE OUTRAGED!!!! THERE HAS TO BE A REASON FOR THIS ANGER!

Are you saying that there is more to Jason than his previous battles with drug addiction? This can't be true, can it?

the guy spoke in a calm manner and made several valid points.....as far as him getting a job and moving on ...isnt his job still in the media...and its the nebraska media...I may be wrong though

If no one wants to listen to him anymore then why bring him on the show?

To be quite honest , i have no idea why they put JP on the air.

This is quite a mild version of JP on this podcast, sometime during the season JP didnt make me very happy with the way he through the team under the bus. I think this was Bo and Co's best coaching job , in the Bo era. We saw the offense get an identity for the most part, and the D was NEVER healthy this year, injuries everywhere, i think they way the jelled in Nov is telling of the job the coach's did. Wish we could take back the NW game.

I think they put him on because he is uncensored and that is rare...people may not like what he is saying but he is being honest in his feelings...I think a few people may tip toe around criticizing the staff or program because Bo has such a strong personality and they dont want to be cut off and Jason does not have that fear

Not sure I understand. A lot has changed, hasn't it?

No, very little has changed in football over the past 20 years. The athletes may be a little bigger, perhaps slightly faster, and definitely most are more spoiled and distracted...but the essentials of winning and leadership are unchanged. BD had the formula 50 years ago and TO had it 20 years ago (and earlier). JP was there to see it gel...there is much that could be learned by this year's team (including coaches) by emulating the 90's team and coaches.

Last edited:

No, very little has changed in football over the past 20 years. The athletes may be a little bigger, perhaps slightly faster, and definitely most are more spoiled and distracted...but the essentials of winning and leadership are unchanged. BD had the formula 50 years ago and TO had it 20 years ago (and earlier). JP was there to see it gel...there is much that could be learned by this year's team (including coaches) by emulating the 90's team and coaches.

See your point but I do disagree. Why do think the Military has changed how they do things? Things are different now and people are different now. You can't treat people the same way you use to 20 years ago. Essentially the principles are still very similar but the way and method you go about getting things done is different.

Don't get me wrong I have no problem with JP speaking his mind somethings I agree with some not, I am just not going to take what he says as gospel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back