• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Jason Peter on Big Red Wrapup...

Status
Not open for further replies.

blkshrts

Recruit
5 Year Member
I am surprised that there hasn't been any comment about Peter's appearance on Big Red Wrap up...it was great he called Slauson a slob for "throwing" Suh under the bus in the NY times interview. Also thought that the rotating captains had to go, that you don't get good leadership in the locker room with this style. Said it was time for Martinez to grow up and go to the pressers on Tues and actually answer questions, though Kugler and Fiala both defended Tmart and said that he was improving in this area. Overall it was by far the most entertaining show of the year. This link is for the whole show you should go to the second to the last segment to see Jason Peter. http://netnebraska.org/media/media.php?vidgroup=WEBBRW120611&seek=0

Lots of us ignore JP for the most part, we are all TIRING of his schtiiick !!!!! Wish he could give some kudos to the Husker football team, just doesnt have it in him!!!

Sorry, I can't listen to him anymore (or any of the 90's Huskers for that matter: Joel Macovika, Matt Verzal, Matt Hoskinson, Damon Benning, etc)

Same message over and over and over: "We did things different in 1995 and it worked better, now, let me point out everything thats wrong with the program now"

Last edited:
But then again when you have been there done that then you should at least listen to their points. Good for him standing up for Suh!

Sorry, I can't listen to him anymore (or any of the 90's Huskers for that matter: Joel Schlessigner, Matt Verzal, Matt Hoskinson, Damon Benning, etc)

Same message over and over and over: "We did things different in 1995 and it worked better, now, let me point out everything thats wrong with the program now"
:thumbsup:

If no one wants to listen to him anymore then why bring him on the show?

I love hearing Jason's take. And I agree 100% with him in regards in to Slauson calling out Suh publicly. Bad, bad move on his part.

I also don't like the practice or having new captains each week, seems to defeat the whole purpose of having captains IMO.

Keep up the good word, Jason! A lot of us love hearing your take.

Didn't know we rotated captains...kind of Jr. Highish. Pick the leaders and stick with them.

Last edited:
I'm all for the wisdom of lending an ear to the 90's crew. They were a special breed of warrior who could teach today's lightweights a thing or two about focus, brotherhood, sacrifice, effort and love for the game. BTW, it's pretty hard to dispute the results of the '93-'97 60 win & 3 loss record.

I'm all for the wisdom of lending an ear to the 90's crew. They were a special breed of warrior who could teach today's lightweights a thing or two about focus, brotherhood, sacrifice, effort and love for the game. BTW, it's pretty hard to dispute the results of the '93-'97 60 win & 3 loss record.

Also the way it is now, who knows if we will ever get back!

I'm proud that I was able to be a fan back then and proud that I'm a fan now!

Sorry, I can't listen to him anymore (or any of the 90's Huskers for that matter: Joel Schlessigner, Matt Verzal, Matt Hoskinson, Damon Benning, etc)

uhhhh....it was better.....the team was better......his points were reasonable and from my perspective accurate. I fully support the team now and what the coaches are trying to do , but that doesn't mean I agree with everything they do or the results.

jason is rather critical, but not altogether wrong. you can see the other guys wince a little at what comes out of jason peters mouth, as they know they couldnt exactly say it that way, lest they lose their job, or distance themselves from the coaching staff. I wouldnt exactly say it the way peter does, but i guess we like peter cause he says it the way he does, he never has sugar coated anything, even 15 years ago, so why start now.

I like Jason Peter because he tells it like it is and doesn't sugar coat anything...I believe his points on the captains are valid...how can you have leadership in the locker room when each week there is somebody different giving the pregame speech or whatever that captain of the week does. I think he is correct in calling out Slauson, there is a what happens in the locker room stays in the locker room mentality in athletics and he shouldn't have said anything. What I was really surprised by is Peter advocating for Mcbride to come back and coach the d-line again. He said that Charlie has had his knees done and is willing to come back and "light a fire under the d-line".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back