• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jaren Kanak, 4* ATH Offered (Hays, KS) - Commited to Clemson

I have an admitted bias towards defense. Whenever I scout a kid who could play WR or CB, I always prefer defense, simply because I love the philosophy of having elite athletes on defense. Time and time again you see top defenses and the thing they have in common is freaks at key positions like pass rusher, linebacker and corner.

With that said, I definitely play Kanak on defense. He's a great candidate for Domann's role at OLB, or he could be a Nate Gerry type size-speed guy at SS.
Prince Amukamara (sp?) is a prime example. He was originally a WR recruit but went much farther as a DB then he would have as a WR. IMO

He seems to be really close with his family and with Meyers. Let's hope distance works in our favor on this one. It's a four hour drive from Hays to Lincoln and a 17.5 hour drive from Hays to Clemson. It clear his faith is important to him, but both coaching staffs are solid in that regard. I suppose it will depend on how enamored he is with playing for a team that is always in the running for the CFP versus playing where family can come see him often. It would be nice if we put a product on the field this fall that convinced him he could be a part of something big at Nebraska.

Last edited:

He seems to be really close with his family and with Meyers. Let's hope distance works in our favor on this one. It's a four hour drive from Hays to Lincoln and a 17.5 hour drive from Hays to Clemson. It clear his faith is important to him, but both coaching staffs are solid in that regard. I suppose it will depend on how enamored he is with playing for a team that is always in the running for the CFP versus playing where family can come see him often. It would be nice if we put a product on the field this fall that convinced him he could be a part of something big at Nebraska.

We don't know what the interest in Clemson really is at this point

Not sure it's worth even worrying about

We don't know what the interest in Clemson really is at this point

Not sure it's worth even worrying about
Agree. And I don't think it's a foregone conclusion he ends up in Dabo-land, even if he gets a committable offer from Clemson.

Prince Amukamara (sp?) is a prime example. He was originally a WR recruit but went much farther as a DB then he would have as a WR. IMO
Was Amukamara a WR recruit? I thought he was always going to be a DB.

The name that more comes to mind for me is Stanly Jean-Baptiste.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back