• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jamey Chadwell

I don't think it is important to have "Nebraska ties" as you put it, but I do think it is important to understand the culture of the Midwest and the plains. Whether you grew up in Nebraska, Minnesota or even Texas. That is way different than growing up in the deep south.

I think Chadwell is a good up and coming coach, but he is from Tennessee and has been coaching in SC for a long time. South Carolina and Nebraska are about as far apart culturally as you can get. Lance Leipold, Matt Campbell, even Dave Aranda would have a better understanding of the culture.

How is the culture in Nebraska that much different than any state in the south? I've spent a fair amount of time in Nebraska, as well as Texas, Oklahoma, and Tennessee, and I guess I don't see it. Thin and Crispy at Pizza Hut tastes the same. Folks are friendly, down-to-earth, and love their football. Pretty decent fishing in all states. Nice golf courses.

I guess I'm lost on the Nebraska culture thing. Is there a secret handshake that I don't know about?

Last edited:
Joel Klatt mentioned Joseph Smith from Oregon State too. Oy.

He has actually built a nice team out there. They play good defense and run the ball a lot. Nothing fancy just solid football. Trent Bray is his DC and he has a nice defense going. They really shut down' Boise St in the first game this season. Granted this is not a vintage BSU team, but they are probably winning 8-9 games this year.

I like him. Alot. But he's not at the top of the list for me. I watched CC about every chance I got last year and really like watching his offense.

I'd be pretty optimistic if he got the job, but also would be surprised.

How is the culture in Nebraska that much different than any state in the south? I've spent a fair amount of time in Nebraska, as well as Texas, Oklahoma, and Tennessee, and I guess I don't see it. Thin and Crispy at Pizza Hut tastes the same. Folks are friendly, down-to-earth, and love their football. Pretty decent fishing in all states. Nice golf courses.

I guess I'm lost on the Nebraska culture thing. Is there a secret handshake that I don't know about?
I'm from Nebraska and lived in Denver for about 5 years and Kentucky for a year. I'm a pretty conservative guy, and comparing KY and Denver, I definitely had more in common with the KY people I lived around and work with. Despite that similarity, things were certainly different in KY. I can't put my finger on it but I never felt comfortable there, despite our surface similarities.

I'm from Nebraska and lived in Denver for about 5 years and Kentucky for a year. I'm a pretty conservative guy, and comparing KY and Denver, I definitely had more in common with the KY people I lived around and work with. Despite that similarity, things were certainly different in KY. I can't put my finger on it but I never felt comfortable there, despite our surface similarities.

Everywhere is different from home. My dad used to tell me Nebraskans were Yankees. I was like “do what?”

If you define culture as Pizza Hut, football, fishing, and golf, I suppose Nebraska is no different from say Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana :O O:

the more I watch CC play the more I think it would resonate with the fanbase. Quality assistants and coordinators would go along way to re-establishing a lost identity we were stripped of. I'm a big fan of the offense and clearly he can do more with less. I still like aranda and liepold though.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back