• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

James Taylor Concert

HUSKER HOT SAUCE

Be Yourself - Everyone Else Is Already Taken
10 Year Member
I got to James Taylor for free tonight. While the show was pretty good, and Taylor is a pretty funny guy, it was a little to mellow for my liking. Glad I can say I got to see him though, I wouldn't pay to ever do so again. He is an American Icon, so I am happy to actually add him to my list of artists I've been able to see.

Any one got a show they seen, that they normally would not have?

I saw him in concert once. I like a range of music styles, but when it comes to concerts, the louder and wilder the better. So it was extremely boring to me.

Saw him last year in Virginia. I really enjoyed it...mellow or not. Was really impressed that he signed autographs the entire intermission and never left the stage.

A few years ago we were at a party and the host started to play his new James Taylor concert DVD. It killed the party.

To this day, we joke about it. If you ever want guests to leave that have overstayed their welcome, put on James Taylor.

:Biggrin:

Went to a Fleetwood Mac show in 1999 OR 2000 (?) that I /we still laugh about.

WORSE show........EVER. Actually started nodding off about 30 mins in.

He is an icon and wrote some classic songs but I've always found him to be a little stiff and blah.
That said:
"Just yesterday morning they let me know you were gone.
Suzanne, the plans they made put an end to you."
is a pretty freakin' killer opening stanza.

You overpaid.;)
smilie.gif
smilie.gif

"Hey, James Taylor, we get it. You've seen fire and rain. Guess what? So have I and so have a lot of people. It isn't that special. #douche"

Scottsbluff native, Randy Meisner, later an original Eagle, was the studio musician playing bass for Taylor on Fire and Rain back in the early 70's.

I always like James Taylor - perhaps that says a lot about my age and temperment.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back