• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

James Monds III; Update Will Commit On 4 July

Recruit with a connection to the program visits NU. Recruit absolutely loves his visit and more or less hints that NU is the leader. Recruit visits somewhere else a week or two later and ends up committing there. This is kind of a microcosm of Nebraska's 2022 recruiting.

Sorry if this comes off as overly negative. I'm honestly not trying to be "that guy". I'm just sick of losing recruiting battles to the likes of Indiana, Missouri, and West Virginia. In some ways, it feels like the tone for this class was set when everyone had to accept 12 months prior signing day that we had no shot at any of the top four instate recruits.
The implication from this series of events, and what I've regularly heard, is that Monds was not the top priority target by Nebraska at this position.

I don't believe his offer was commitable at this point, and thus, Indiana has been the realistic leader for some time because Monds wasn't going to wait and see if his Husker light turned green.

Int
The implication from this series of events, and what I've regularly heard, is that Monds was not the top priority target by Nebraska at this position.

I don't believe his offer was commitable at this point, and thus, Indiana has been the realistic leader for some time because Monds wasn't going to wait and see if his Husker light turned green.
Interesting. If what you are hearing is correct about NU's offer not being "commitable" at this time, then I guess I would not feel as bad about missing out here. Likewise, if we end up getting one or two DBs in this class who are better prospects or fits, then I won't feel as bad about missing on a legacy recruit.

Interesting. @N2FL said Monds was our top target at CB, yet his offer wasn’t commitable? I’m guessing he had the green light and decided to go elsewhere. It happens.

I doubt he had an offer that wasn't committable, but I suppose that's possible. Even if Fisher is pulling one of his "under the radar" moves with someone that no one has linked to Nebraska, I'm going to count this one as a miss. Legacy, talent, etc.
I haven't heard that but who knows. If this is true, then they had better get the "Plan A" if Monds was indeed "Plan B". But I am thinking Monds had a committable offer.

Yep, he had a long list of big hitters after him, over 30 offers. As has been the case in the past, you gotta look under the hood.

Seems to me this kid doesn’t want to follow in Dad’s footprints. Can’t say I blame him. But it is also possible that Indiana sold him on their program for promoting his name and such. We may never know the real reason.

I have heard or seen nothing to tell us it was not a commitable offer.

I believe it was and I have no inside information

Best to him

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back