• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

James Franklin to Florida State?

huskerman1

Scout Team
10 Year Member
In saw that FSU has contacted James Franklin re: their open coaching position and there is "interest from both parties".

Is there any chance that there are PSU recruits that could be lured away if in fact there would be a change made at PSU?

That's the inherit disadvantage to recruiting kids in a corn/steel/snow state. It's why I give more props to guys like Urban Meyer, Harbaugh or even JoePa (scandals aside, obviously) for winning big at schools that aren't in a hotbed of recruiting and sunshine. I'd like to see what Dabo or Saban could have accomplished at Notre Dame or Pitt.

Franklin is 1-9 against top 10 teams on the road Can’t win the big one. Humm didn’t we say that about TO ?

That's the inherit disadvantage to recruiting kids in a corn/steel/snow state. It's why I give more props to guys like Urban Meyer, Harbaugh or even JoePa (scandals aside, obviously) for winning big at schools that aren't in a hotbed of recruiting and sunshine. I'd like to see what Dabo or Saban could have accomplished at Notre Dame or Pitt.

Actually, Pennsylvania and Ohio are two of the top ten states that produce the most high school football talent. And Penn State and Ohio State are -- by far -- the most appealing, big name schools in those two states. Sure, Pennsylvania also has Pitt and Temple -- but neither are anywhere near the level of Penn State. Actually, Penn State is king for the entire Northeastern U.S. Ohio has Ohio U, Toledo, Cincinnati -- yawn.

Most certainly Florida, Texas, and California all produce the most talent -- but they also have plenty of big name schools within the state to compete among each other. Ohio State and Penn State do not have near that level of competition within their states -- with plenty of homegrown talent.

Franklin is a Pennsylvanian. Born and raised and attended college in PA. I can't imagine why he'd prefer to coach at FSU -- unless there's something going on behind the scenes. Otherwise, I see no advantage for him in doing so.

Last edited:

I've never understood the "sunshine" of the south. I spent a summer in Georgia and it was miserable. The heat and humidity sucks. I guess if you like swamp ass more power to you.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back