• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Jamal Turner Likes Nebraska's 2011 Class So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
You have to love this young man as he is everything that is right about a kid of his age and the Nebraska program....:)

Want the latest on Nebraska's 2011 recruiting class? Jamal Turner might be your best source.

The highly regarded quarterback, from Arlington, Texas, has been following the status of prospective teammates ever since he made an oral commitment last January. And so far, he likes what he sees.

“We're turning out to be a good class,” Turner said. “It's looking good.”

Of course, lately Turner's been doing more than simply monitoring the growing group of 2011 NU commitments (the total's at 13 now). He's trying to become student of the game.

He always keeps his eye on most recent recruiting news, though. He knows that he and several others have been getting good reviews.

Last week, Rivals.com updated its list of the top 2011 Texas recruits. Turner's No. 20. San Antonio running back Aaron Green, a Nebraska target, is No. 3.

Maybe the biggest surprise on the list is cornerback Tevin Mitchel, from just outside of the Dallas-Ft. Worth metroplex. He's is No. 13.

Remember, the 6-foot, 175-pounder had just a couple scholarship offers heading into the spring. But since then, he's blossomed into a big-time target. Mitchel is No. 6 on the Rivals.com list of top cornerbacks.

Turner says Mitchel's the real deal.

“Tevin, I promise you, he's going to be one of the best corners in state,” he said.

And as for Bubba Starling? Turner doesn't mind that there's another quarterback in Nebraska's class.

“A lot of people asked me about Bubba Starling,” Turner said. “Everybody asks me about him. I don't really care too much. I'm ready to compete.”

http://www.omaha.com/article/201008...qb-recruit-likes-nebraska-s-2011-class-so-far

Last edited:

There's a lot to like!
If I were a QB in this class, I'd be pretty happy knowing there are a number of stud linemen coming in with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back