• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jaimes opinion on some aspects of his last season at Nebraska

@CrabHusker

That’s a damn good post you just made!

I think Brenden’s comments have been blown way....WAY out of proportion.

I hope folks don’t think I’m in the “defend Frost at all costs category” although my eternal optimism may make it seem that way.

I simply try to be optimistic and somewhat of a counterbalance to so much of the negativity I see. Provide a different point of view so to speak.

Healthier.....

Thanks.

I dropped my one good post of 2020 in December and now I'm already on the books for 2021.

See you guys in 2022!

I'm not gonna lie. I loved football as a player. Loved it. Couldn't wait to step on the field, even the practice field as a high school freshman was like the freaking super bowl. By the time I was a senior, practice was required, not loved. I still did it and gave it my all, but it just sucked. I made sure I kept my spot and did what needed doing to get us ready to play, but practicing was not the highlight of my week. Step onto a field on game day and it's all love.
I quit my senior year because I was sick of practice. I drove to school for the first morning practice of two-a-days, sat in the parking lot for a couple of minutes, then decided to go home. The coaches had made my favorite thing not fun anymore. It was miserable. I regret it somewhat, and I would kill to be able to strap it up again today.

That was my point. People are crapping on Jaimes for simply expressing frustration for the lack of progress. Adult males on this board are now trashing him for speaking his mind despite being the few who put their heads down, accepted change, and did the best they could through the Riley/Frost transition.

Amazing how many here are saying he quit on his team...when that was the furthest from the truth. But hey..it fits the "defend Frost at any cost" narrative that infuriates me. For some, it's easier to trash a kid who has given his everything from day one as opposed to a coach who has failed for three straight years. The excuse making for Frost has reached comedic levels.

People should celebrate kids like Jaimes, not attack his character for simply speaking up.
I’m not sure why you went there. Someone can be critical of Frost and still be critical of Jaimes. Some don’t agree with these comments being made outside of the locker room. And some are critical of him making these comments while he was one who opted out of the final game. Those are legit criticisms and don’t require one to be defending Frost on anything.

That said, I’m in the camp that believes his comments have been way overblown and we’ve gotten really good at making a mountains out of molehills on this board. Years of frustration will do that I guess.

I quit my senior year because I was sick of practice. I drove to school for the first morning practice of two-a-days, sat in the parking lot for a couple of minutes, then decided to go home. The coaches had made my favorite thing not fun anymore. It was miserable. I regret it somewhat, and I would kill to be able to strap it up again today.
That sucks bro. Sorry to hear that. Must have been tough. I think I would have had my coaches killed and made to look like an accident before I would have quit. Luckily we had pretty solid coaches. Plenty of pain, but worth it.

That sucks bro. Sorry to hear that. Must have been tough. I think I would have had my coaches killed and made to look like an accident before I would have quit. Luckily we had pretty solid coaches. Plenty of pain, but worth it.
In fairness, I was also being a whiny, self-absorbed b-word. I had a problem back then of blaming everyone else for my problems.

The coaches were awful, but I bear some responsibility as well.

The coaches had made my favorite thing not fun anymore. It was miserable.
If anyone thinks that high school coaches are not influential on a young person‘s life they are just crazy.

I have both experiences. My hometown hired a failed college coach who had somewhat of a reputation for producing winners from time to time. They got him cheap because he had just been fired from a small college and didn’t have a whole lot of suitors.

The guy was everything you didn’t want in a human being. A braggart, a total bully, a terrible father, a liar and a cheat. Took him one year to get run out of my hometown simply because he wouldn’t pay any debts and expected the town to foot all his bills in everything.

Practice was just plain friggin miserable. He constantly tore you down and there was never any build back up. He claimed to be an ex marine but when I tried to look up his record I could never find anything so I think that was a lie too.

We went from almost a 70 man roster down to 30. Smarter kids than me just wouldn’t put up with it. I was stupid, I just wanted to play ball!

I lasted the whole year but when they finally fired the man I don’t think anybody celebrated more than I did.

The follow-on Coach was such a breath of fresh air and we all enjoyed the sport once again. He truly cared about every player on the team, coached them hard and tried to find the very best spot they could all contribute. We went to a platoon system and a special-teams system to get more players involved. And this was in an age when a small town high school basically played their 11 best all game...all time. Platooning on offense and defense was unheard of. At least at my level.

So I have experienced both the good and the bad and I know exactly where you’re coming from.

Coaching matters. But not just the skills at X’s and O’s. Being a solid human being that sets a good example for young people should be an absolute requirement.

I've gone on record as saying the comments have been massively overblown, mostly by us, so there's that. He was venting about not being where they all want to be and I didn't take it as a slam on Frost or culture at all.

I've only seen a couple of people 'crapping' on Jaimes, but completely disagree that he should be celebrated for his comments. His character should not be questioned at all though. I get the frustration, but I don't think I take it outside the locker room and certainly not to the media. That's me. I'm also not 22 anymore and have learned from my mistakes about venting my frustration outside of the confidences they started in.

On the 'defend Frost at any cost' deal, sure, there is some of that. I'm not in that group, though you may disagree. I'm more credit or criticism where it's due. Plenty of both to go around. There is also a 'Condemn Frost at any cost' group that doesn't care to do anything but slam Frost and his staff over anything, including Jaimes' comments, which I don't think are nearly as caustic as do others.
For the record, I wasn't talking about you specifically or lumping you into that group.

In fairness, I was also being a whiny, self-absorbed b-word. I had a problem back then of blaming everyone else for my problems.

And that's the thing...no matter how good or bad the coaches were, you didn't do your part, either. The mental aspect affects and can be a challenge for the whole team. Imagine if you would have recognized that the weeks leading up to that first week of practice.

I can relate. I wish I would have quit. My situation was the coach was influenced to play all the rich kids and kids with parents on school board, etc. I was every bit as good or better than most playing as we played together all through grade school and high school. Yet he wouldn't even let me have a chance in practice to prove that. I am in my 60s now and it has affected me but now I am able to put it behind me

Copy that. Teenagers don’t always have their chit together. Imagine that. ;)

Personally, I couldn't care less about what this young man said, I look at the product on the field to form my opinions. The problem is his comments give credence to the over reactive when factoring in the play on the field.

I 100% agree there are two sides, over protective and over reactive. Been that way since the pedia days.

Last edited:
Personally, I couldn't care less about what this young man said, I look at the product on the field to form my opinions. The problem is his comments giver credence to the over reactive when factoring in the play on the field.

I 100% agree there are two sides, over protective and over reactive. Been that way since the pedia days.
Fair enough

@CrabHusker

That’s a damn good post you just made!

I think Brenden’s comments have been blown way....WAY out of proportion.

I hope folks don’t think I’m in the “defend Frost at all costs category” although my eternal optimism may make it seem that way.

I simply try to be optimistic and somewhat of a counterbalance to so much of the negativity I see. Provide a different point of view so to speak.e people

Healthier.....
Who cares what these people think? Or what category they put you in. The people doing that are clowns that know nothing but their own narrative.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back