• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jahkeem Green Is On Campus

Yep, I agree. Probably not playing in 2019 season. Redshirt?

And Derrick Mills too. Last Chance U Show (JUCO) ..... no weight room and training table

Mills is more than likely the starting RB. He has been on campus since late May. All accounts say he is a weight room beast and that he has been very impressive in camp.

Green did not come here to red shirt. Considered an NFL talent. More than likely will start as a rush end which in addition to nose tackle he played in JUCO while he learns the ins and outs of the system.

Last edited:
Mills is more than likely the starting RB. He has been on campus since late May. All accounts say he is a weight room beast and that he has been very impressive in camp.

Green did not come here to red shirt. Considered an NFL talent. More than likely will start as a rush end which in addition to nose tackle he played in JUCO while he learns the ins and outs of the system.
Obviously Mills was a HUGE addition because of MW's uncertain status. We also needed a big, tough back for running inside which will pay dividends in the BIG. Green we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out but we can't have enough depth on that defensive line. Our coaches have done a heck of job filling holes that needed filling this season. My only real concern on offense is having a center that can really get it done! We need that solid anchor in the middle that snaps the ball consistently on target.....

Sounds like Mills will play from the beginning, and I suspect that Green will play once he's in shape. They probably did not bring those guys in to delay their participation if they are in shape. I think they offer JUCO guys who are ready to play.
I totally agree. I seem to recall a few months back that Coach Frost in response to an interview question said that they would offer JUCO players that can have an immediate impact on the field and if it is a position of need.

Bet he gets a heavy dose of Duval's conditioning program over the next few days until he pads up for practice.

Agree - get him in shape so he doesn't get hurt, then figure out where he fits on the depth chart.

I've said before that he's a great get for us in that he is an SEC type defensive lineman, and we need that kind of player. Only question is he in shape enough to play immediately (and where does he get the snaps?) or do we play him 4 games strategically and keep him to start for 2 years.

He plays ... a lot, & more knowledgeable folks than myself are stating that he will not redshirt.

A lot of positive reports out on him just from first day. I think that our nonconference schedule will be an opportunity to play himself into shape for our conference schedule if there is any real concern with the staff about his conditioning upon arrival this week.

Bet he gets a heavy dose of Duval's conditioning program over the next few days until he pads up for practice.

And training table. Spinach or PED can ??
giphy.gif

Last edited:

I’m sure I could find out but is he a 2 to play 2 guy or 3 to play 2?

He’s likely not in fball shape and behind in learning the systm..
He probably won't get tons of playing time this year, but once he's back into proper shape up to Frost's expectations, I think this guy can be an absolute monster. 6'5" 310, and he's got some great quickness!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back