• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jackson Bratton

Hmmm, Alabama, or NU. Which would you choose? One is already there and the other is trying to get there.

This sounds like Bo Pelini saying he can't recruit top players to Nebraska. Yes, bama is a better program than anyone, but recruiting is sales and some opt for culture and relationships. There is a lot of turnover at bama and other programs, maybe we can take advantage of that? He might think he has a better opportunity in Lincoln? Tough pull? Yes, but it's not as much of a no brainer as you may think.

Well there's always the price of spring game tickets, replacement games against FCS opponents, how much muscle can you put on in 2 months, and probably FIFTY other things to worry about.

:)
Ah yes. I’ll always have to worry about multiple posts in a thread I’m posting in that I can’t see coming with the proverbial “but how do you REALLY know” or “well you said 30 and this says 20!”

Ah yes. I’ll always have to worry about multiple posts in a thread I’m posting in that I can’t see coming with the proverbial “but how do you REALLY know” or “well you said 30 and this says 20!”

Have you finished your list of 50 other things to worry about besides a pass rush? Between that and N2FL s ranking list, we have a lot to look forward to this offseason.

His film is outstanding. It would be great to have him, but probably a pretty tough pull even with his buddy committed to NU.

This sounds like Bo Pelini saying he can't recruit top players to Nebraska. Yes, bama is a better program than anyone, but recruiting is sales and some opt for culture and relationships. There is a lot of turnover at bama and other programs, maybe we can take advantage of that? He might think he has a better opportunity in Lincoln? Tough pull? Yes, but it's not as much of a no brainer as you may think.

^^^ This.

I always hated when Pelini made excuses. Was asked after the 2003 Alamo Bowl if he could restore NU to the elite of college football. He replied "there's no doubt in my mind." By 2013, he was complaining that we should be happy with 9 wins and 4 blowout losses every year because that's the best NU could expect anymore.

Culture and relationships count for an awful lot when recruiting these kids. This staff is winning big time battles on their relationships alone. Think Barrett Ruud with Nick Heinrich or Ryan Held/Troy Walters with Wandale Robinson. And then this staff pulls out all the stops, like sending the whole staff to spend all day with Ty Robinson. Ty said at his signing that's when he knew he wanted to go to NU.

Agree!

Alabama signed two 4-star QBs in the 2019 class:

- Paul Tyson (Trussville, AL)
- Taulia Tagovailoa (Alabaster, AL)
- Carson Beck (Jacksonville, FL), 4-star QB is committed in the 2020 class.

I heard some rumbling that Carson Beck was recruited by Dan Enos (new Miami OC) and is likely to strongly reconsider his Miami offer. Seems to be a lot of momentum behind that Manny Diaz hire and, honestly, I hope he can bring Miami back to consistent relevance. That could leave Alabama looking for their class QB, but I think that Smothers is solid to Nebraska.

Hard to imagine a guy switching just because his friend is headed here. Plus, with that 50% or so transfer rate of quarterbacks, you could easily find yourself

Behind the wheel of a large automobile
And you may find yourself in a beautiful house
With a beautiful wife
And you may ask yourself, well
How did I get here?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back