• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jackson Bratton

Looks like a tough pull, hope the coaches can sweet talk him. I'd provide a link, but I don't know how:Cry:

Last edited:
Wow. And from that tweet above by Coach Smothers:
Yep....that's why I think we have a shot here. Longshot...but as Lloyd said in Dumb and Dumber.....

Attachments

• 2OII.gif
    2OII.gif
    984.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Hmmm, Alabama, or NU. Which would you choose? One is already there and the other is trying to get there.

Last edited:
Hmmm, Alabama, or NU. Which would you choose? One is already there and the other is trying to get there.
Depends on the kid's priorities. Is playing early on an up and coming team, with your best friend, at an institution with tremendous academic support more important than playing on a perennial power where he'll have to wait in line to earn playing time, but have the opportunity to play close to home? It's not out of the realm of possibility that he looks at his options.

Depends on the kid's priorities. Is playing early on an up and coming team, with your best friend, at an institution with tremendous academic support more important than playing on a perennial power where he'll have to wait in line to earn playing time, but have the opportunity to play close to home? It's not out of the realm of possibility that he looks at his options.

Exactly.

And what kind of relationship does he develop w/ Frost, Chinander, and probably most importantly Barrett Ruud. I have a lot of confidence in Ruud as both a coach and recruiter. Let him develop a relationship w/ Jackson, get him up there for a visit, and see what happens.

4-year scholarship vs. 1-year scholarship and "we'll re-evaluate where you stand after that".

Even so, it will be tough to get a kid out of Alabama that Alabama wants. Being the best friend of Smothers is the only reason for hope in this case.

The good thing about this guy is that now we can fawn/gush/worry about this kid and whether we have a chance for the next year, or we can at least start on the the 20th of January after NPG makes his announcement.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back