• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jack Woche Hudl highlights

His arrival signals to me that we are losing AT LEAST 3 scholarship QBs on the current roster … Smothers, Purdy and Torres are my prediction. If Haarberg accepts a move to TE then one of these will stay assuming they want to stay.

His arrival signals to me that we are losing AT LEAST 3 scholarship QBs on the current roster … Smothers, Purdy and Torres are my prediction. If Haarberg accepts a move to TE then one of these will stay assuming they want to stay.
SOMEONE has to play wildcat

Why? He is a walk on. He literally costs us nothing and may never see the field.

I wonder what we do with MRs statement about the current QB room?

Why? He is a walk on. He literally costs us nothing and may never see the field.
When have you seen a roster with 8 QBs on it? FYI tOSU have 5 on their spring roster. Alabama have 5 on theirs.

Woche is coming because someone has suggested he will get a chance to compete. Even if he’s a walk-on … he’s not the typical walk-on from Creighton Prep he’s highly regarded and he could’ve gone elsewhere on scholarship.

He’s coming with an eye on a roster spot and I suspect he’s got a great shot at one. Nevertheless, whether he’s good enough or not the fact that they are adding bodies at the position suggests what they currently have is not enough.

Sims and Woche are the only two QBs recruited by this regime … you don’t think others QBs on the roster don’t have their antennas up?

Last edited:
Besides we are 20 some scholarships over the limit … we ain’t keeping all 8 QBs. Some are leaving. Having a capable walk-on as 3rd or 4th string allows you to have QBs leave.

I’m not saying you are wrong. I agree we are likely to lose some but unsure how a walk on QB is a signal we are losing at least 3 scholarship quarterbacks.

I guess my response is . . . so what? Purdy was a Whip pick and has never looked comfortable, Smothers is fast but is an iffy passer and Torres hasn't seen the field. Frost tended to reach for QBs, so I'm not very broken up about it if Rhule doesn't necessarily buy in to what he was left.

If Rhule thinks he needs different guys . . . so be it. Let the competition begin and the chips fall where they may.

I’m not saying you are wrong. I agree we are likely to lose some but unsure how a walk on QB is a signal we are losing at least 3 scholarship quarterbacks.
He’s not just a “walk-on” player … he’s a scholarship caliber QB who’s choosing to come to Nebraska due to a Texas-based Rhule connection.

He‘s literally just the second QB recruited TO this team by Rhule.

If he can hold a 3rd, 4th string or scout team position then it gives the coaching staff a lot of flexibility.

Tell me, who do you think is more likely to be on the fall roster Richard Torres or Jack Woche?

He’s not just a “walk-on” player … he’s a scholarship caliber QB who’s choosing to come to Nebraska due to a Texas-based Rhule connection.

He‘s literally just the second QB recruited TO this team by Rhule.

If he can hold a 3rd, 4th string or scout team position then it gives the coaching staff a lot of flexibility.

Tell me, who do you think is more likely to be on the fall roster Richard Torres or Jack Woche?
I don’t know. Pretty confident three scholarship players aren’t leaving because a walk on showed up but that’s just my opinion.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back