• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

IWCC Center Josh Wegener is N Walk-On

Yes, that an option, but don’t think the 4 game window has an affect how playing time changes a walk on with academic scholarship status. From my understanding any playing time would make a walk-on either drop his scholarship or be moved to scholarship category.
I did not know his question came with the academic scholarship angle. So what you said. ^^

Yes, that an option, but don’t think the 4 game window has an affect how playing time changes a walk on with academic scholarship status. From my understanding any playing time would make a walk-on either drop his scholarship or be moved to scholarship category.
I think most walk-ons have no schollies of any sort, academic nor athletic...but Josh does have an academic schollie.......therefore IF it is true that he goes on athletic schollie the second he plays a down then he would have to count as one of the 30.

I think most walk-ons have no schollies of any sort, academic nor athletic...but Josh does have an academic schollie.......therefore IF it is true that he goes on athletic schollie the second he plays a down then he would have to count as one of the 30.

No way of knowing If he will play. No idea where or when he would count to an individual year. So I would say he is not in the 30 nor the 85. Once he plays he goes 85. No idea how he counts on a class year total. Likely not part of any year is my guess. Probably more than you realize have some sort of small academic scholarship that might be easy to give up.

No way of knowing If he will play. No idea where or when he would count to an individual year. So I would say he is not in the 30 nor the 85. Once he plays he goes 85. No idea how he counts on a class year total. Likely not part of any year is my guess. Probably more than you realize have some sort of small academic scholarship that might be easy to give up.
Many have some form of financial aid that is not football. Never will it matter what class they were apart of if they start their career as a walk on.

Many have some form of financial aid that is not football. Never will it matter what class they were apart of if they start their career as a walk on.
I get counting towards the 85, but if a walkon earned a full academic scholarship why must the scholly be switched to athletic if he plays? It’s all coming from same university, but out of different buckets impacting the athletics pot of money right? Full ride academic scholarships are tough to come by but if they didn’t count towards the 85 I’m sure the $EC would be giving them to dudes with 2.5 GPA’s.

Last edited:
I get counting towards the 85, but if a walkon earned a full academic scholarship why must the scholly be switched to athletic if he plays? It’s all coming from same university, but out of different buckets impacting the athletics pot of money right? Full ride academic scholarships are tough to come by but if they didn’t count towards the 85 I’m sure the $EC would be giving them to dudes with 2.5 GPA’s.
Whole reason is to make sure teams only have 85 scholarship football players playing on Saturdays. You’re right, NCAA doesnt want to have to police what other scholarships are given and if they’re legit.

I thought that he doesn't get converted to athletic scholarship. He just loses the academic scholly. Would be up to the coaches if he then was given a scholly. Otherwise, he is then paying his own way.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back