• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I've never seen a DIV I men's bball team.....

NUFootballTim

Scout Team
15 Year Member
struggle with fullcourt pressure like NU. its amazing if it wasn't so sad.

consider this...often times teams will pressure in spurts, or will do it until another team "figures" out how to break it. (which is generally 3 or 4 possessions) The fact that NU has been pressured full court for the entirety of 2 full games in a row (Cincin and now Hawaii) is pretty incredible.

There are so many adjustments that could be made the fact that we haven't seen 1 yet is......wow :wow:

we looked like an overmatched highschool team out there.

why do we have 3 guys standing parellel to the halfcourt line, all of them 2 feet past the halfcourt mark. thats the WORST place to be, let alone just stand stationary? Walter turned the ball over twice in a row, catching a pass 2 feet from boundary, 2 feet from halfcourt. thats the perfect spot for a trap, as we saw last night. why is he even standing there??

good grief. call a TO, tell David River to just go stand underneath the basket. Tell WP and TP to back up about 15 feet and flash up towards halfcourt if they need to. Inbounds the ball, tell the inbounder to run a "V Route" hard towards the edge and then flash back to the middle, center court, ball side. Benny can dribble to the opposite boundary, kick a straight pass up to WP or TP, or look back to the middle, center court, to the inbounder. if they aren't guarding David Rivers, standing underneath the basket, then throw it to him for an easy layup.

putting rivers under the basket eliminates a defender. ever wonder why Hockey is more exciting to watch 4 on 4? because there is more room to work. Same principle here.

There. I solved it. This is standard protocol for a DIV I press break. Give it a try.

Somebody didnt watch VCU run through the tournament the past 2 years with full court pressure.

It's a tough defense to beat if they play the traps correctly.

Somebody didnt watch VCU run through the tournament the past 2 years with full court pressure.

It's a tough defense to beat if they play the traps correctly.

I'm not saying full court pressure isn't exactly what its meant to be.....pressure. A team still needs to do what should be done to beat the pressure.
and good thing we don't play VCU....with our current pressbreaker, we wouldn't get the ball past half court.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back