• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

It's Time For The Kid To Cook For His Australian Friends. He Wants To Cook Chili.

LingonVin

All American
15 Year Member
It's time for the Kid to cook for his Australian friends and fellow students at Victoria University in Melbourne, AU. Remember, he has to cook a meal which is primarily American, as in originating from the U.S.A. The students trade off and cook for each other food from their native country or region.

This time around he wants to cook chili. Do any of you have a good chili recipe. Preferably one with beans and it has to have some heat to it, per his request. But not to much heat as he has to feed some of the female persuasion too. What do you like to eat along with the chili?

He has two days to get this together and be ready to cook the cook the meal. Friday their time or Thursday for us in the states.

Thanks for the help.

Tell him to to use the K.I.S.S. method.

1) Brown some ground beef/kangaroo
2) Mix in some chopped onions,celery,green peppers (do this when you start to brown the meat)
3) After the meat is browned drain off the fat and add I jar of medium heat picante sauce,a quart of of tomato juice, chili pepper, (just dump some in) and for a little heat 1 or 2 finely chopper jalapeno pepper, a can of red kidney beans, and a can of chili beans.

Cover and cook on the lowest heat possible, taste from time to time and season as needed.

Total cook time = all day, but it is better the next day.:Biggrin:

Last edited:

If he can get chorizo, that is a great additive. Heat, flavor, and gives a great color. I usually go with a 50/30/20 ratio. 50 ground beef, 30 hot breakfast sausage, and 20 chorizo. Great, now I want chili. Oh yeah, black beans along with pintos and no dam kidneys beans! Onion and peppers to taste, and make sure that he has cumin. Nothing says chili like cumin. Dam I really want chili now.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back