• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

It's that time of year again

Big Burruss

Travel Squad
5 Year Member
Unfortunately, fall seems intent on coming early.

Fortunately, that means chili.

I personally demand at least three meats (ground beef, diced steak and chorizo are my go to, but I'm flexible), black beans and a diverse blend of spices (at least 4 types of chili powder). I also like a little corn from time to time.

What do y'all do?

I personally demand at least three meats (ground beef, diced steak and chorizo are my go to, but I'm flexible), black beans and a diverse blend of spices (at least 4 types of chili powder). I also like a little corn from time to time.

What do y'all do?

Beans in chile is soup, not chili, that is what people in Texas think. :Biggrin:

What do y'all do?

Global warming. It's one of the warning signs. Same as the increased ice cap in the Artic and Antartic. Same as the fact there has been no warming for the last 16 years and the current cold trend is expected to continue.

Also the reason the Global warming goons switched to climate change wording.

What do y'all do?

Make it bland, so everyone can make it as spicy as they want. :Biggrin:

2 lbs of hamburger, browned
3 onions, 1 Vidalia, 1 Red, & 1 Yellow, diced & 1/2 cooked with the hamburger
Tomato Juice
Chili Powder
Cumin
S & P
Garlic Powder
Dry Mustard
Great Northern Beans, no one in my family likes kidney beans
Tortilla chips, crushed to thicken
Serve with shredded cheese, crackers, & the other half of the onions for garnish
Can also be served over rice if thick enough

Last edited:
This summer I had some friends over and grilled up some steaks, pork chops, chicken. We had a good piece of steak left over so I chopped it up into cubes and made some chili with it. All the wonderful smokiness of the grilling came through just wonderfully in the chili.

My wife said I really should have laid off the heat and let the meat do that talking and I agree. Next time I will leave out the some of the peppers.

I like as many peppers as possible. Poblanos and anaheims for flavor, jalapeños and fresnos for a little heat, serranos and habeneros for the extra kick. If it's a tough crew, I'll even throw a little ghost in there.

I usually just stick with jalapenos for the heat, and generally don't go overboard. Then sometimes I will balance the heat with a little brown sugar and/or apple cidar vinegar.

My recipe:

1 lb hamburger
1 lb spicy ground sausage
1 large white onion
1 green 1 red and 1 yellow pepper
2-3 jalapenos, with or without seeds depending on how hot I want to make it.
1/4 cup (at least) chili powder
1 tablespoon garlic
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon cumin
Spicy V8
Beer
1 28 oz can tomatoes
2 14 oz cans spicy chili beans
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Cayenne Powder, etc.
Brown sugar and/or apple cider vinegar

My recipe:

1 lb hamburger
1 lb spicy ground sausage
1 large white onion
1 green 1 red and 1 yellow pepper
2-3 jalapenos, with or without seeds depending on how hot I want to make it.
1/4 cup (at least) chili powder
1 tablespoon garlic
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon cumin
Spicy V8p
Beer
1 28 oz can tomatoes
2 14 oz cans spicy chili beans
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Cayenne Powder, etc.
Brown sugar and/or apple cider vinegar

That sounds pretty soupy. How many days do you simmer it for?

Hamburger
CHorizo
Spicy Breakfast sausage
Cumin
ROtel
diced tomatoes
anaheim, jalapeno, and bell peppers
half black beans, half chili beans
Additional spice depending on who is going to be eating it with me.
Cook it until it is thick like chili should be.

Open a window.

What do y'all do?

Tell my wife to make me some chili.:Biggrin: If it's not made on the grill, smoker or microwave I don't make it.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...y/pats-famous-beef-and-pork-chili-recipe.html

Whiles it's not my own recipe, it's my favorite chili recipe. I discovered while in between jobs a couple of years back. I became addicted to The Food Network in my free time and my wife loved it because I had something new and delicious for dinner every night when she came home.

I've modified this a bit and decided to add the entire pound of bacon along with kicking things up here and there. This is very meaty and delicious.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back