• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

It's that time of year again... how many offers we have out gets run

Well, there'll always be the stories of this guy or that guy we didnt offer, or we did, just that nobody knew it, including the guy.
So many cruits, so little time

That's exactly it. Nebraska has been recruiting well. Hopefully, we can hold onto those recruits from now on.
I think theyre done playing catch up,which means,still being able to cast as wide a net as possible, but the roster is mostly solved with no holes, and some depth.
That now leaves the staff the time theyve already put in for their 1a and 1b players, have them vetted, and get players that want to be here, without too many last minute reaches

I really don't think number of offers in the social media age matters. Going back to what I said earlier, am I really mad we have an offer to the #1 player in the country but Iowa doesn't? Does that make them better than us? That offer probably cost us 7 seconds of time.

With that said, if how many offers we have out compared to Iowa and Iowa State made it so we were struggling compared to them on the recruiting trail then it is a big deal. If the reason we struggled with organization and communication with guys is due to being spread too thin, it is a big deal. I just don't know if that's the reason. I am hoping the things that I reference from the evaluation period in 2020 don't happen in 2021. From all accounts we are doing a lot better with our 2022 recruits in Omaha, just hoping we don't have too much ground to make up.
It matters in the sence that if said #1 recruit (or other star laced athlete) decides to come here, how well do we really know the kid? And In Return how well does he know Nebraska? What comes next is right we’re we are at, with half the class in the transfer portal and Nebraska back to the starting line.

Who here didnt like Tommy?
You always have to swing for the fences

a3bfcfca-f0a2-409e-a70e-0176da476f05_362346608874013.gif

It matters in the sence that if said #1 recruit (or other star laced athlete) decides to come here, how well do we really know the kid? And In Return how well does he know Nebraska? What comes next is right we’re we are at, with half the class in the transfer portal and Nebraska back to the starting line.
I definitely get that, especially with us having the most attrition of any team in our division and what happened with our 2018 and 2020 classes. But when this thread was started it was March, you had 9 months to vet it out. And quite honestly, if the #1 player in the country comes here there's a lot of good that may come with the baggage (if any).

I worry more about late reaches/commits like what happened in the 2020 class where we basically signed half of our class the last 7 days. That's where you get in a situation that you aren't vetting properly.

More hours on the phone or texting that actual coaching. The job has changed drastically in the last 10 years. Never actually know what a 16/17/18 years old is going to do until he signs on the dotted line. Some of the reached may have been a result of a silent commit changing his mind the last minute.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back