• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

It's official, Mark Whipple OC

At the very least, he should be able to recruit a great QB, especially if Pickett wins the Heisman!!

At the very least, he should be able to recruit a great QB, especially if Pickett wins the Heisman!!
He's going to need 2 or 3 ASAP . . . there isn't a QB on the roster who can run the Pitt offense (and I'm guessing Frost isn't going to get Whipple to run much option). Haarberg, maybe--eventually. But Whipple's not going to hitch his wagon to an inexperienced project when he needs to win right away.

I feel like Whipple will be open to what Scott wants. Why not? Maybe he can fuse what Scott wants with what he already knows. I think it could work out really well. Sounds like Whipple is very good at adjustments and wrinkles that keep people on their toes. I doubt anything SF wants would throw him for a loop at all.

Good hire for the most part. Whipple obviously has a sharp offensive mind and did wonders for Pickett, who is a Heisman finalist and a likely first round pick in April, which hopefully will give the Huskers some clout moving forward. I worry about his age and some of things out there about his recruiting acumen. They need to hit the recruiting portal hard for a QB while the iron is still hot from Pitt and Pickets season.

Hopefully, this works out; would love to see some top notch offensive football.

I’m waiting to see what he does. Really all I can do at this point. I’m surprised we didn’t go in a more run heavy direction but so be it. Just gotta trust Scott and if it doesn’t work out he’s toast and we can move on. I suspect the offense will work better for guys like Haarberg and less so for Smothers but who knows. I’ve got the Pitt v WF replay on record to watch this evening. Looking forward to checking the offense out.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back